Rays of sunshine

I am sorry Aarushi this won't happen again. I know I crossed the line but uumm I don't know there is no excuse for what I did. NO NO NO NO NO NO she is my friend not my teacher. Uggghh what am I supposed to do?. I banged my head on the mirror and let a frustrated groan. 

I was standing in front of mirror practicing on how to apologize to my best friend. This is so stupid she will understand, after all she is my best friend.

But this time Trisha you messed up BIG. Okay I need to get through this. I took a deep breath and continued. Aarushi I am really sorry I shouldn't have said that I.....

"Trisha you don't need to do this"

I was startled by the voice. I turned around to see Aarushi smiling standing near the door frame. I went towards her and hugged her tight.

"I am really sorry Aarushi I am sorry" she held me by my arms and said

"No stupid, remember no sorry in friendship. I can understand"

"But this time it was big mistake. I really crossed a line. If it was not Aditya, I don't know what more awful things I would have said."

"I can understand what you are going through. I went through it but you don't have to do it alone. we are there for you. You got to promise me that whatever bad happens in your life even worst you won't shut me out shut us out okay just promise me"

"Yes, I promise you it will never happen again. I swear on our friendship" we hugged. Aarushi was crying and I wanted to cry too but not a single tear was out.

"uumm Trisha if you want to talk about anything I am here" she said while wiping her tears I wanted to tell her about my emotions but today was not a day. 

"No not today it's your birthday lets bake a cake "with that I grabbed her hand and went to kitchen.

It was evening and as much as I wanted to crawl into my bed, I didn't want Aarushi to feel bad. She had forgiven me for what I have said and this the least I could do to her.

It was just us three. Me, Aarushi and Aditya like the old times. We were on the dining table eating the delicious food made by us mostly by Aarushi but I helped her so it counts, while watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I thought Aarushi would invite Rahul but I don't think so she did and I didn't want to give her benefit of doubt so I decided to be quiet. But as if she had read my mind, she said

"I had invited Rahul too but he said he had some work to do so he didn't come"

"okay" like I said don't want to give benefit of doubt.

"seems like someone is upset" that was Aditya. He was smirking at me

"why would I be upset. I am glad it just us three like the good old times" I said without looking at him.

I bet he murmured something under his breathe, but I couldn't quite get it. It's not like that I like him or something I mean I like him but not like him if that even make sense. Chuck it concentrate on food Trisha. My inner voice said. We finished our dinner and where sitting on sofa watching T.V. Those two love birds where getting comfy and I didn't want to be third wheel it was not like I was the third wheel before but I just wanted to go to my room and this was the good excuse.

I am craving for ice-cream" Aditya said while pouting.

I checked the time it was 10 pm "I will get it!! Ice-creams on me" I said getting up and heading towards the door

"Trisha no wait I will get it" Aditya said with concern in his Voice.

"No its okay. I am okay beside you both need some time alone" I winked at them. "just don't do anything stupid on my couch" I said and shut the door behind me.