The Truth

Mini Flashback

I knocked on the beautiful wooden door three times, not too hard I didn't want everyone in the house to wake up. I heard footsteps coming to the door so I backed up a little bit. She open the door with a sad face and tears started to sting my cheeks since I've been crying so much. "Hey everything will be okay Aubri, i'm not fully aware of the situation but i'm sure you'll find a way through it." She said. "How did I get so lucky to meet someone like you to treat me up." She smiled. "Right place, right time maybe?" She said. "Yeah probably." We were quite for a minute until I spoke again. "Do you mind if I stay here for a little while?" I asked. "Not at all, I'll just have to let my parents know, i'm sure they'll be fine with it." She said with the biggest smile. She showed me the room that'll be staying in and gave me a hug and said goodnight.

Flashback Over

1 Week Later

I haven't really spoken to my parents since that night. I know it's better to forgive and forget but I wish they would have told me sooner than when they did.

You don't understand, my mom well Alyssa has made my life a living hell. Probably the worst mother ever in my eyes. I'm actually happy that she's not my real mom to be honest. She never treated like the rest of my siblings anyway. I remember when I was like seven, she used to light cigarettes and burn me with them when she was bored.

I get up around 6am releasing it's Saturday, ugh maybe I should go back to sleep. As I'm thinking in walks Jill, well there goes my sleep smh. She says something but I couldn't hear her she still had a sleepy voice. She laid her had on one of my pillows with her eyes slightly open. I proceeded to go to the bathroom trying not to wake anyone. I did my morning hygiene and went back to the guest room. I looked at Jill and she was sleep so I laid back down to get a few more hours of sleep.

I woke up again around 11am. I felt something around my waist, it was Jill's arm. I took it off but she put it right back on. So I turned thinking she was sleep, nope she was wide awake. "Jilly what are you doing?" I asked. "I was comfortable Bri." She said. "It feels weird honestly." She removed her arm with a sad expression on her face. I didn't mean to offend her at all but it felt weird and gave me butterflies in my stomach. She got up and left the guest room without saying bye. I never intended to hurt her feelings, this friendship is starting off a lil rocky.

I got dressed and tried to tell Jilly I was going to meet with my dad and Nicci, but she wasn't here. I took out a piece of paper and wrote her a note that read "Dear Jilly, i'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just just felt weird to me. Not weird in a bad way, I actually liked it, but i'm not used to that type of affection from another woman. I'll be back later. Xoxo Bri."

I was sitting across the table from my dad and Nicci waiting for an explanation or apologies at least. Nicci had bags under her eyes like she's been stressing all week. My dad looked the his regular self. He looked at Nicci so she could talk. "Aubrielle, I was young and stupid before I met your father, hung out with the wrong people and made the wrong choices knowing the consequences of my actions. I started to change my life for the better, I was no longer a child so I needed to get my shit together. Then I met your dad, the most amazing human being on earth. We fell in love, a year later we got engaged.I found out I was pregnant, I didn't tell your dad right away because I wanted to do a special surprise for him, but before I could surprise him, the police barged in our house and took my to jail. I was still in jail and pregnant of course and had no communication with your father. One day I got a letter from an old friend saying thanks for not ratting everyone out that was involved. That old friend happened to be Alyssa, she was a good person then so I thought. She happened to be pregnant just like I was but ended up having a stillborn baby as she says. Shortly after I went into labor and had a beautiful baby girl, 7lbs 9oz and 21inches, since I was going to be in jail a few more years I asked Alyssa can she take you to your father but I guess she had plans of her own. About a couple months before you were conceived, your dad went to one of his best friends bachelor party's and got drug by some woman and she took advantage of your dad but he couldn't remember anything at all. But one day Alyssa shows up at the front door say"Remember me? We meet last year." Then it clicked your dad remembered her but not being drugged though. She introduced you as her daughter and told your dad he was your father which was true. Your dad took a Dna test to be sure and it came back positive of course, so he stayed with Alyssa since she was the "Mother" of his child. About 7 years later I got out of jail and started looking for you and your father since he no longer lived in our old house. But I couldn't find you guys anywhere. I searched for 2 years then moved to California I didn't give up though. One day I was walking on the beach and I seen a guy who looked like your father but I just thought I was losing my mind, so I continued walking. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around to see who it was, and was indeed your father, I was at a lost of words. He smiled so big and gave me the biggest hug ever, then he pulled you from behind his back and introduced you as his daughter. You were the most beautiful child I've ever seen and you were so shy it was too cute. Then your dad got a call saying it was your mom calling and you guys had to go, but he gave me his number before leaving. And despite what you guys think your father and Alyssa weren't even together anymore before she found out she was pregnant with the twins. Anyway from that dad me and your dad started to rekindle what we had and a few months later I found out I was pregnant with Anais and Arielle. By that time your mom wasn't even in the picture anymore. A year after Ana & Ari were born, me and your dad got married. Then fast forward to three years here we are. Your dad found out the same day that Alyssa wasn't your mom so it was new to him too, I know I was wrong for not saying anything to you guys earlier but i'm saying something now." She said with tears rolling down her cheeks.

That was long overdue, but damn Alyssa is a crazy ass bitch. And I knew I recognized Nicolette from somewhere. I feel horrible about the whole situation like you go from being in love to being in jail to someone basically stealing your child and your lover, I know she feel some type of way. But i'm happy the true is finally out.