Distance

We're not close anymore
                 But I'll still be here if you
                 Need me
                 No matter how far I go
                 Just know I'll always be
                 There even when I'm not
                 There physically
                 I'll be in your heart and you
                 In mines
                 I'll be here for you til the end
                 Of our time
                  ~R.E

2 Weeks later

Its crazy how you can go from talking to someone every single day and seeing them every single day, to seeing them every other day and talking to them every other day. People drift apart, some don't even recognize the space between them until it's too late.

I haven't really talked to Jill like that, not because I haven't tried, believe me I've tried constantly, but yet I get no response. It's like I'm a pariah. We were friends, well at least I thought we were. Since she isn't replying to any of my attempts to talk to her I stopped trying. A person can only try so much until they've had enough.
Maybe our friendship was to good to be true. Maybe she got tired of being around me.
Maybe I did something to piss her off.

We started a new semester, I have a few classes with Alexis and one with Jill. The day went by so slow, I was in English, the only class I have with Jill.
I was sitting in the back of the class in the corner because I finished my work already, so I was just reading a book and texting my cousin, I felt people looking at me but I paid it no mine because I'm not in the mood for the bs today.

I happened to turn around and Jill was looking at me so I turned back around in my desk. She  appeared to be okay but her eyes told a different story, like she was missing something.

Why do we drift apart?
Why do we cut ties?
Will we ever be the same?
When did it all change?
Am I the reason for this separation?
Why are we divided?

Why is there so much distance between us, when not to long ago we seemed to be the best of friends. We used to enjoy each other's company, now we can't even look at each other in the eyes and hold a 30 second conversation, let alone a hello or a goodbye.

                 This distance... It's killing me