Adjusting

Bri POV:

I've been back for 3 months now and a lot of things have changed over the course of time. I found out that I'm pregnant and not only am I pregnant, I'm pregnant with twins. At first I didn't know what to do, everyone was telling me it's okay to get an abortion considering the circumstances, but I knew I couldn't. Only because these babies are innocent, they haven't done anything wrong, hell they haven't even gotten a chance to do something wrong. I can't take another life, let alone two lives, it would eat me up inside. So I decided to keep them, no matter how they came to existence, they are still apart of me at the end of the day.
I'm almost 5 months pregnant, the doctor couldn't really pinpoint the time of conception considering I didn't really know when it happened(Only because I lost track of the days and gave up hope). It's been hard adjusting to life after all of this stuff has happened to me but I've been trying to keep it together and put on a brave face for those around me, even though I know my dad and uncle aren't buying it not one bit.

"Are you ready?" My dad asked
"Yes, I just have to slip on my shoes really quick." I replied
"You sure you don't want me to help you?" My dad asked seeing me struggle for what for what felt like 10 minutes. Pregnancy ain't no joke, I get tired all the time doing the smallest things that were easy to do before everything happened.
"Please." I said with this tired look on my face.
He help me with my shoes and we were on our way out the door when my mom stopped us saying "Make sure you take a lot of copies." I told her okay and we left getting in my dads Hummer that he had to help me in. Then he pulled off and headed to my doctors appointment, today I get to find out what i'm having. Everyone keeps saying different things, but I feel like it's two girls, considering how sick I've been, but we'll see shortly.
We arrived to my appointment and there was so many pregnant women looking at me like they have two heads. I just put my headphones on and listen to music for a good 25 minutes until I felt my dad tap my leg.
"Yes dad." I replied
"Princess, the doctor is calling you." He told me. I proceeded to walking towards the door the doctor was standing and my dad was still sitting down in the same spot.
"Dad, can you come with me?" I asked, because I needed the support and didn't want to be by myself.
"Sure I can princess." He said with this big smile plastered on his face.
"Ms. Gutierrez, are you ready to find out the sex of the babies?" My doctor asked me.
"Yes." I said getting excited.
She put the gel on my stomach and started to look around.
"The babies are pretty big for this stage of pregnancy." The doctor said.
"How much do they weigh?" I asked.
"Well Baby A, is around 3lbs and Baby B is almost 3lbs." She replied.
"Wow!" I replied shocked.
"You guys ready to find out Baby A's sex?" She asked looking at me and my dad with a big smile.
We both said "Yes!" In unison.
"Okay. It looks like Baby A is a girl." She said.
"Omg!!! I knew it!" I yelled happily.
"Now let's see what Baby B is going to be?" She said.
"It looks like Baby B is a little..."
Before she got to say anything a nurse knocked on the door telling her that two women just went in labor in the waiting room.
"I'll be right back Ms. Gutierrez." She said rushing off.
I guess we'll have to wait a little longer to find out what Baby B is. My dad got a call and when it was over he seemed irritated.
"Everything okay Dad?" I asked curious.
"Your little sister broke her arm, jumping off the bunk beds." She replied.
"We should go then, I just have my doctor email me." I said wiping my stomach and heading out the door. I let the doctor know and she said it was okay and she'll be seeing me at my next appointment.
Now we have to check on my sister. Hopefully the rest of the day goes smoothly.