Chapter 27

Alison's POV

We're still running towards the red light. But I don't think that the "figure" is still chasing us. 

We ended up in a room with a high ceiling and clear glass floor. Beneath the glass floor is a gigantic pond with koi fishes (Cyprinus carpio) swimming around. In the middle of the room was two giant blue hands holding a staff.

"That's Mercury, isn't it?" Amanda asked.

We all ran towards the staff,

But in a flash, someone snatched the staff from its glorious stand.

"WHY?!" Amanda yelled.

"I'm sorry, but I guess I'm just faster." The figure said.

"Who are you and why are you here?" Mr. Cleave said.

"I thought you would've known, old man." He said. "We've met before."

I recognize that voice.

"Sparrow-frickin-Capone. Can you even take a rest?" I asked.

"Well of course not, dearest." He answered. "I've been awaken."

"You haven't died." Adrien said.

"Ever since the battle, I've been living a different life." He said. "Tina's been living in the kingdom. Matt has gone back to Earth. And what about me? They left me for those weak and flimsy people. I lost hope, until he gave me a new soul. He is my master. And I will serve him until apocalypse."

"Who's 'he'?" I asked.

"The Supreme Being. You think that you are the strongest for defeating Cosmos?" He said. "He is more powerful than every being combined. He is Ashuda."

I thought this man was crazy. Woah no pretty sure this man is insane.

"And by obtaining the three staffs, He will rule all the Universe. He will be their leader. They will worship Ashuda!"

"Look man. Whoever this Ashuda guy is, I'm sure he's a great guy, but he is defying God!" Amanda yelled.

"SILENCE!" He uses his powers to throw Amanda into a stone brick wall.

"Amanda!" Mr. Cleave ran to her as she winced in pain.

"You monster!" I shot him with an arrow. Adrien ran towards him with his sword. They fought while I helped Amanda get up and we ran away.

We managed to get into a room filled with bags of wheat. I tended to Amanda's wound while Mr. Cleave and Adrien are planning on what to do.

"So, the next staff is Sulfur, right?" Adrien asked.

"Sulfur. The Spirit." Mr. Cleave said. "We have to locate the staff before Sparrow does."

"But I'm sure we won't be moving fast." I said. "Amanda's wounds are pretty bad."

"Should we split up?" Adrien asked.

"If one of us got lost, there's no way of finding them." I said. "But if we stay here, Sparrow would get all the staffs before we even know it.

"Go on without me."

"What?! No!" Mr. Cleave said to Amanda. "We can't leave you here!

"And you can't force me to go either!" Amanda yelled. "My foot hurts like frick, and my head is spinning like a hula hoop. I'm just going to slow you down."

"What if Sparrow finds you?" I asked.

"I'll close the opening with those rocks. He'll never find me." She said. "Besides, even if he found me, I have nothing precious for him to take."

"Are you sure?" Adrien asked. "You know what? Forget it! I'd rather carry you around an endless labyrinth rather than to lose you."

"It's no use." She said. "While we were arguing, Sparrow could be making his way to the second staff. While we have no progress at all."

"Are you really sure about this?" I asked her for one last time. I don't want to regret my decisions!

"It's okay, Alison." She said. "Good luck."

I let her lay down on the cave walls. We bid our farewell as Amanda closed the entrance. Slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY! Happy New Years!

Perhaps some of you thought I was dead. Since I haven't been updating this story for a long time. Well, I'm not! At least only on the inside...

Buuuuut hey! We are back in the story! Do you think Amanda will survive? Will they save the world? Leave your thoughts in the comments down below. Also don't forget to subscribe and follow me if you haven't!

If you want to make sure I'm not dead, you can stalk me on instagram! @bruhtherlol

Bye!