Chapter 28

Alison's POV

Hey. Alison Soleil here. Alive on Wattpad. I'm still here with my Adrien and Mr. Cleave, and we're still on the hunt for the staff of sulfur. Like, what the actual heck. I didn't sign up for this type of crap.

"I'm bored." Adrien said.

"What did you expect?" Mr. Cleave said. "Waterslides? Playgrounds?"

"I wanted a thrilling adventure! Not a walkthrough Disneyland ride!" He said.

"Ok, stop!" I said, "We're not going to find the staff with that kind of attitude."

They walked on in silence. The sound of water dripping from the ceiling. The raging fire of the torch I held. Each and every footsteps being muted by the echoes of the temple.

To be honest, I just wanted to get back to my normal life back on earth. I just want to live like how a normal person should live. I miss those days.

As we were walking down the hallways, we finally saw a glimmer of light in the end.

"Should we run?" Adrien asked.

Nobody waited for an answer and sprinted. Another staff!

As I felt my finger grasping the light, it felt nice. But it wasn't the sulfur staff. It was...

"The entrance?!" I yelled, "We've been running in CIRCLES?!"

"Probably yes." Adrien leaned on the wall. "Should we head back in, or..."

"HELL NO! We've lost people in there!" I said as I ran into the dense jungle.

"ALISON!" I didn't care if I was being slapped by branches, tripped by roots, I just want to get out.

The rain is pouring. Making puddles to drown my tears that fell to the ground. I don't deserve to be the hero. I'm nothing. I'm worthless.

That's what I thought when I saw the temple again.

"What?" I walked closer. "This isn't the entrance."

It's a smaller opening. Not a hole, more like an open door. It was big enough for me to squeeze in.

"Hello?" My voice echoed through the rooms. "Mr. Cleave? Adrien?"

I started to run. 

I need them.

I was foolish enough to run away.

I won't be a fool now.

"I'm sorry."

I turned around and saw Stephanie. She is soaking wet. Her face is bathed with blood. 

"Steph! Why are you here?"

"I came to apologize. I'm sorry for not being there when you need me." She started to cry. "All of those times I tried to helped, but I couldn't. Just because I wasn't good enough."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Come on! We have to find the others! Adrien and Mr. Cleave is in here somewhere."

I grabbed her hand, but it felt weird.

I looked down to see oil. Spilling out of her fingers. It's like her hand is melting.

"WHAT THE FRICK?!" I backed away. "Steph! What's wrong?"

She raised her head slowly. Her eyes were pitch black with little white pupils. Her lips are blood red and her cheeks are full of scars.

"Always looking for Adrien, eh?" She grinned. "I thought he'd die earlier."

"What?" I asked.

"Careful who you trust Alison~" She hummed slightly, "I guess that doesn't matter now."

"What do you mean?" She laughed maniacally.

She sent out a flood of oil chasing me. I ran with all of my strength. But it was too fast. I couldn't keep running.

"Idiot."

Those words were spoken, and suddenly a metal barricade started to form, blocking the oil in the other side of the hallway.

I turned around and saw Mr. Cleave, telling me to run. I continued to sprint away with Mr. Cleave behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand cut!

Whoo! That's a wrap for today's chapter!

So, how are you guys? I hope you're all doing well. I hope you're all having a fantastic day!

I have a special announcement! I will be making a new story! It's probably going to be a teen fiction / romance, but it'll be good (I hope).

If you have any suggestions for the new story ( Title, Storyline, Characters, etc ), or for this story, then definitely leave it in the comments!

And as always, don't forget to vote, share this story with a friend or two, and follow me!

You can also follow me on instagram, @bruhtherlol !

Bye!