Chapter 2 Pain and Confusion.

Chapter 2: Pain & Confusion

It had been 2 hours. It had been two hours since she had last seen him. There was so many thoughts running through her head. When she had saw his face, and he said those words a part of her came alive for the first time in a long time. He had said that he loved her. Was she one to believe this, he had been dating Kristina pretty heavy now so could she let his words mean anything to her. Although he didn't seem like the kind of person that would just throw around things like the word love. He had loved Angela and he never thought that he would love again, and then he started seeing Kristina. How could she believe those words? She did though, she needed to get out of there.

When the ambulances had come she wanted to go with him. She told them that she was okay, that she had just gotten the wind knocked out of her. Jane had gotten the full blast, although it wasn't a bomb meant to kill, but whomever had done this was sending a message. He wasn't' safe and it was her job as a cop, and as his friend and partner to keep him safe. Then they touch her cheek and she grimaced. Something had cut her, and that's when she remembered that before he lost consciousness and before he had said those words to her even he had noticed the cut. She quickly searched the things around her and found a little mirror all the patients got to examine her face.

"It's a pretty nice cut." The doctor said as he entered her room. "You are lucky though, considering what happened to your friend it could've be a whole lot worst. You got about 14 stitches, but when it heals the scarring will be minimum.

When she looked at the scar she could tell that it really wasn't' going to be that bad. It really didn't matter, she wasn't really that vain, she had already told herself that all the nicks and bruises she got was just part of the job description. Then she thought about Jane.

"My friend Patrick Jane, he was brought in with me. How is he? The blast had really hit him and he had lost consciousness before the ambulance got there."

I'm not in charge of his case I was assigned to yours, all I can tell you is that he was taken into surgery."

"I have to get to him." She told the doctor as she leaped from the bed.

If it hadn't been the dizzy spell to stop her, it sure as hell would've been the fact that she didn't have anything on except one of those hospital gowns that does absolutely nothing for you.

"You will do no such thing, now I know that one of those cops out there must be your friend and I will tell them to keep you posted, but you have a mild concussion yourself. So you are to get back in that bed, do you understand me?"

She looked back up in the eyes of the doctor who was slowly helping her get back in bed. She read on his nametag that he was a Dr. Shawn Spencer. He was very attractive, and maybe if Jane hadn't said those words to her a few hours ago she would've been tempted to flirt a little. Despite what everyone at the precinct thought, she was in fact a lady and she did know how to pursue the opposite sex. So she let him help her back to bed.

"Oh please doctor, anything you can find out about my friend would be extremely helpful. I don't think that I could rest before I knew if he was okay or not." She told him as she smiled at him.

"I'll see what I can find out for you." Then he left the room.

Lisbon smiled to herself, yea she could totally flirt when she needed too.

*A Face in the Crowd*

"How longer do you think it's going to be? I can't believe you called her here?" Agent Grace Van Pelt whispered to one Wayne Rigsby as they waited in a room that they were told would be Patrick Jane's.

"Grace I couldn't just leave her in the dark about it, they have been seeing each other for months now." He told her explaining why she had called Kristina Frye down there.

"Well seeing each other and being married are two completely different things, you had no right to call her down here I don't think he would want her to be worried or see him this way." She told him hoping that he would get why she was so upset that the "psychic" was there now.

"Cho tell her that I did the right thing?" Rigsby looked from back up from his friend.

"The boss is still labeled as his next of kin, and she was already here. There was no real reason for Kristina to have to be notified."

"Well thanks Cho. Will you ever agree with me about anything?"

"Sure when you do something right?"

Rigsby might have gotten angry at his friend but this was the norm for the two of them, why he could practically see the smile about to appear on Cho's face. It was something that they needed to take their minds off the current situations.

"Do you think this was that Red John?" Kristina asked from where should stood by the doorway.

"We aren't sure, Lisbon said that she had received a phone call, but then the ambulance took her away."

"I'm sorry, I was thinking of Patrick so much, how is Teresa, you and I both know that's the first thing he's going to want to know. If he's alright?

"He is going to be just fine." Van Pelt told her as she approached her to show her a little comfort.

Right on cue, two orderlies pulled in a bed carrying the consultant.

*AC*

Unconsciousness. He liked to be unconscious. When you're unconscious you feel no pain. Everything is care free, and sometimes, sometimes the dreams are so pure you wish you could stay in them forever. He was not unconscious.

The first thing he felt was the pain in his head. It was so painful. It was like five people were on various sides of his head and in front of him stabbing him vigorously with a pitch fork. It hut, it hurt like hell. He wanted to open his eyes and for stronger meds. To be feeling something like this he had to be in a hospital of some kind. So first he needed to open his eyes, then he was going to ask for meds, and then Lisbon he needed Lisbon.

When he did open his eyes, he was very confused. They were three people in his room that he didn't recognize.

"Jane, everything is going to be alright. You're in hospital do you remember what happened?" Kristina asked as she took his hand in hers.

"Who are you?" he asked confused.