Turning The Tables

Chapter 8: Turning the Tables

Everyone was hard at work at the CBI. No one could believe that Kristina Frye was dead, she had been killed by Red John. Not only that, but Lisbon was currently at the hospital with Jane. He had, well no one was quite sure what he was.

"Boss wants you to see what you can get from this." Cho told Van Pelt as he dropped an evidence bag on to her desk.

"What is it?" she asked trying to make out the mangled pieces before her.

"It's Jane's cellphone, it got broken." He added as he took a seat at his own desk and started up his computer.

"This was not broken, looks like someone threw it against a wall." Grace stated as she emptied the contents of the baggy on her desk.

"Precisely." Was Cho's final comment.

"Okay I know that this case is going to be hard. I mean Jane had something going with Kristina, and she was a nice lady. I can't say if I agree with Jane in saying that she was a fraud. Ever since he started seeing her I get the feeling that he wasn't so sure about that anymore, but what I want to talk about is what he said out there at the crime scene." Rigsby said stating the obvious.

"You mean confessing his love to Lisbon. Finally out loud, and not just to her but to everyone who could hear? Which was precisely the fifty people in this area right now?" Cho asked.

"Yea."

"Why would wanna talk about that?" Cho deadpanned and went back to his computer screen.

Grace couldn't help but smirk at Cho's antics, while Rigsby just sucked his teeth and mumbled to himself.

"I thought it was romantic. I mean no disrespect to Kristina. What has happened to her is horrible and I can't wait to get a piece of Red John because of this, but he said it. He finally said it." She grinned.

"I know I couldn't believe it, I always thought that he'd say it after he was being hauled off to prison covered in RJ's blood after he killed him. You know sort of a crazed deranged guy and then boom he'd say I love you to her as she was cuffing him and I don't know she said something like too little too late and shove him against a squad car. Then secretly go off and cry someplace out of sight."

"Wayne." Grace scolded.

"Well come on Lisbon is a great boss, and she's hot, but when it comes to lady like ways well she's no you."

"What is that supposed to mean? Are you telling me I'm not good at my job?" Grace stated getting upset.

"That's not what I meant and you know it. It's just well when we see you Grace, they are surprised that you are as good as a cop as you are, and you can hold your own with the best of them. When folks see Lisbon it's hard to see she's not a cop. Hey guys down in Narcotics thought that she was dating Betty from homicide."

"Badass Big Betty, and Lisbon why would they think that?" Grace asked in disbelief. She would admit that Lisbon didn't show her feminine side often but everyone knew what she felt for Jane.

"They go shooting every Thursday. Ron said seeing the two of them together was like foreplay." Rigsby stated.

"Hey." Ron objected from the corner.

"Cho, you're being awfully quiet. Do you think that they'll be big changes now that the boss and Jane have confessed their love for each other?"

"No I don't."

"Why not?" Grace asked confused.

"Lisbon didn't do any confessing."

"Oh." Grace sighed letting that sink in.