Completing the Puzzle

Chapter 14: Completing the Puzzle

Teresa Lisbon had been working at the restraints for what had to be a half an hour. She didn't know who her captor was because they had failed to show their ugly little face. It was really making her tired pulling at the ropes, so it was time she looked around and tried to figure out exactly where she was. It was a bedroom, a bedroom with only a mattress in the middle of the floor. That's when she realized... it wasn't just a bedroom, it was The Bedroom. The bedroom where Angela Jane and Charlotte had been butchered. It was where she was going to be butchered. "Oh shit." She said to a quiet room.

*AC*

Patrick Jane stood in the car park of his apartment building. He had finally stopped staying in those seedy hotels and gotten a modest place close to the precinct. But Lisbon wasn't there, he had already gone up and she wasn't there. That was weird, something wasn't right. Something wasn't right at all.

"Patrick!" a voice from behind him shouted out.

He turned and tried to recognize who was coming his way, but of course he couldn't. She was dressed like Lisbon, but she didn't look like her. Had her face healed? No, they made a deal she wouldn't do this sort of thing to him, and so she wouldn't - would she?

"Lisbon?" he questioned.

"No Jane, it's me Dr. Martins, I'm so glad that I caught you at home. I just wanted to apologize for cancelling on you at the last moment this morning. I thought maybe the two of us could go someplace and chat. Maybe work on some of those skills that I've been teaching you." She smiled.

"I don't know, I'm supposed to be meeting Lisbon but she's nowhere to be found. I don't like this, and considering everything, I think maybe I should call it in."

"Come on, I'll drive you there."

She was afraid at first that he wasn't going to let her take him, but he sighed and walked toward her. This was it. She just hoped that the fun hadn't started already.

*AC*

Teresa was loose! The first thing to go right tonight, getting unbound! The next task would be to learn more about her surroundings. That was the tricky part. How could you concentrate on the things around you, when everything kept going back to that damn smiley face? It was still there. She had thought that no one in their right mind would keep something like this. How could he do it? How could he constantly come back to this place? He was coming here and sleeping under this thing. It made her feel even sadder for him and she had been trying her best not to do that lately. She knew she loved this man and she could see herself spending the rest of her life with him. But, if she died here tonight, especially in this place, she also knew it would destroy him and that was something she could not, would not do.

"I told her we should've tied you a little tighter." A haunting voice sneered from behind her.

"It's you." She gasped.

*AC*

"Van Pelt, what kind of doctor exactly is this Lorelei Martins?" CBI Ronald Mayer asked as he entered the bullpen.

"She's a neurologist, and she's been helping Jane with his diagnosis why?"

"We've been waiting on some of the evidence from the Frye scene to process, and well we just got a hit on a set of prints that was in her apartment."

Grace took the file from him and she couldn't believe the results. Lorelei Martins' prints were all over Kristina's apartment. That wasn't the scariest thing though, they had finally gotten a hit on the other set as well.

"Are they sure about this?" she asked Ron in disbelief.

"Yeah, I had them run twice."

"That son of a bitch, we have to get hold of Lisbon right now. Both Lisbon and Jane are in Danger.