Proso What?

Kristina was livid. She was trying her best not to feel that way but she couldn't. For the past few months, she had finally got Jane to open up and accept her into his life. It was working, they never talked about their business, because she still knew that he thought that she was a fake. She knew the truth though, she knew that deep down he knew that she was the real deal but he didn't accept that because then he would have to accept something about himself. She thought that she had gotten through though, but apparently she was still second on the list, or was that third. She thought she had to compete with a dead woman, but looks like he had a partner also on the list.

"He remembered her right, I mean I'm not imagining things?" Kristina asked Van Pelt who decided to stay with her.

"I don't know I mean, he did say her name but then he just passed out. I mean we can't be sure that he remembered."

"He did, but I mean that means nothing right, I mean our relationship is so new and he and Teresa, well they're best friends and have been that way forever it's only normal that he remembers her."

"Yea exactly."

Van Pelt could see the hut in the woman's eyes and a part of her felt for her. The other part in her though, well that part was happy. Jane remember Lisbon and that's how it was meant to be. You just can't have Lisbon without Jane. This woman was a psychic how could she not see this coming?

*AC*

Teresa Lisbon was confused. She had gotten up to find out how her pain in the ass consultant was doing, but then when he collapsed in her arms and she was back at headquarters with a bomb going off. At least they had let her have her clothes back. She couldn't bare all the looks of people looking at her backside. Now two doctors stood before her with grim looks on their face. One of them was the ever so attractive Shawn Spencer, and the other was an older doctor. She didn't like the looks of him.

"So tell me how he doing?" she asked nervously.

Ms. Lisbon, did you know that Patrick Jane named you his next of kin and medical proxy?" asked the stern doctor.

"No I wasn't aware, and that's Special Agent Lisbon."

"Take a look at this X-ray, do you see this shadow right here?"

"Yea."

"Although we haven't had time to run more test we think that Jane is suffering from a rare case of Prosopagnosia."

That was pretty much the last pure thing I heard that the doctor said. I'm not up to par when it comes to medical jargon. Prosopagnosia or what he later referred to as "face blindness" is when a person can't recall face. So now for Jane everyone that he has ever met in his life is a stranger. So when he looks at people like Van Pelt, Rigsby, or even Kristina the faces that he knew them by is not the face that he sees. They had no idea what face he saw, but it wasn't their face. "Face Blindness" was that something real? That couldn't be true though he knew her. How could they explain that?

"That can't be true, he came right up to me, and he said Lisbon. He had no idea who the rest of them were, but he knew me. If this is true, how do you explain that?"

"We think it has something to do with that." Dr. Spencer replied pointing to her face.

"When you were brought in you said that the two of you had been involved in some kind of explosion. You said that before he lost consciousness that he had commented on the cut that you had gotten. We all know how good he is with his memory, and we are thinking that he held on to that memory and that is how he knows you are you."

"So you are telling me that when he ran up to me, he had no idea who I was? That he was looking at my scar? I don't believe you. Is this permanent?" she asked looking back at the sleeping man.

"Generally yes it is permanent, but we don't think that's the case when it comes to Patrick."

"Why is that?" she asked trying to remember all of this.

"We think that it is due to the bruising here. In time it will heal and then he may return to normal. It's just more of a wait and see type thing. We'll know more when he wakes up."

"So you're telling me, that there's a chance that he wakes up and he may not know who the hell I am? That even when he looks in the mirror he doesn't see his own face?"

"Yes, he's going to need lots of people around him right now to see him through this. He's going to need to lean on someone and I'm thinking he's going to want that person to be you."

"He won't want me. He's seeing Kristina, she'll take care of him. We're friends, but he's in love with her."

She had said it. She had said that statement without choking on it as he got caught in her throat. Of course she'd be there for him. He was Patrick, she'd be by he side through everything she loved him.

"Right now we don't want to have him upset, so if he decides that you are the person that he wants to be there for him, can we count on you to be there?" Dr. Spencer asked again giving her a knowing smile.

That's when she realized through this whole conversation she had never let go of his hand, and she was mindlessly running her other hand through his hair in a calming manner.

"When he wakes up I'm here for as long as he wants me to be."

"Good we'll give you a few minutes alone with him."

She watched as they both left before turning back her attention to Jane. His face was so beautiful when he was sleeping. All of the tension had drained from his body, and he just looked at peace. Could he really have this thing? That couldn't be good for him. She realized that his memory was who he was. He remembered everything, and every face he had ever met. How would he survive in their world not being able to recognize the faces of his friends? What about Red John? If he found this out, how would he use this setback to hurt the consultant?

"Oh Jane, what have you gotten yourself into now?" she asked him as she climbed up on top of the bed beside him.

She just wanted to rest her eyes for a minute, she was so tired. She was shocked when she felt him sighed and lean in closer to her. It was like he wanted to make sure she was there.

"Lisbon." He sighed not opening his eyes.

"It's going to be okay Jane I'm here." She told him resting her head on his chest. She knew it was wrong but she just wanted to hear his heartbeat, that it was strong and that he was going to be okay.

"Love you." He whispered.

She looked up to see if he was awake. She wasn't shocked that he was still sleeping, but he had said again. That's twice in one day he had said again. She looked to the doo where she knew that his girlfriend was there waiting for news. It was wrong of her, and deep down she knew it, but at that moment she just didn't care.

"I love you too." She told him. She sweetly kissed his cheek and closed her eyes for a little rest.

A/N: God this chapter was killing me you will not believe. I didn't know how I was going to do all the technical crap. It's not going to follow the disorder truthfully, because most people who have it don't recover. I haven't decided quite yet if he recovers. This story will have lots of Jisbon moments. Also it's going to have Red John moments, I mean after all he blew the guy up. I'll update soon.