Finale Part One

Finale Part One

I never thought it would come to this. After all, I had known Lisbon through all of the many faces in the crowd - her face was ALWAYS the one smiling back at me. Her face was the only thing through ten years of ups and downs, well... mainly downs, which let me know things were going to be alright. Now though, how had THIS happened? In front of me was not just one but two Lisbons! Shouldn't it be easy for a Mentalist to tell her apart from an imposter? It's not.

"Jane, listen to me, shoot her!" The one on the right practically screamed.

"No Patrick, you can't trust her, look at me, I'm Teresa." The one on the left pleaded.

I took a moment to look carefully at what they were wearing. It seemed impossible, I knew Teresa owned both of these outfits, and right now I couldn't remember what she had put on once she untangled from me this very morning. How could this be happening? What did Dr. Martins say, everyone had a tell. What was Lisbon's tell?

But before Jane had a chance to think about anyone's tell, Teresa on the right rushed Teresa on the left and they hiit the ground rolling and fighting. Like wild things. There were punches and kicks thrown from both women. The only thing Patrick Jane could think of was how both of these Lisbons could really handle themselves. He would have to applaud Lisbon and let her know how proud he was of her, this had to be something she had taken up on her own, this was no police academy training, this was something entirely different. This was something that being a girl in a house full of brothers had taught her, but what made it bad was they both were holding their own.

"Just run Patrick, I got this." Teresa on the left shouted

"No! Do not leave my sight, you can barely walk a straight line without me there." Right Teresa scolded.

They both were saying what Lisbon would say in a predicament like this. There just wasn't much time.

"Shit." Was the only thought Jane could come up with so he spoke it out loud.

*FC*

"Are you sure they're at Jane's place?" Rigsby asked Van Pelt from the driver's seat.

"It makes perfect sense, did you see all the stuff we dug up on Oliver. I can't believe Patrick has never recognized him. I mean I know it's only been through photos, but they were childhood friends. I still remember what Becky Strong looks like and she was my friend in the first grade! I still remember that ugly bike she got for Christmas the first year she was my neighbor. How can Patrick not remember him?"

Red John is in there, Jane thought. I can't just stand here holding a gun on the woman I love forever. This is becoming quite ridiculous, I mean Red John is in there. He's right there and I am so close I can taste it, but I can't leave them out here. She could really hurt Lisbon and I can't let that happen. First I will handle this, and then I will make him pay for what he did to my family and what he thought that he was going to do to Lisbon.

"Oh Teresa, I'm so sorry for what I'm about to do." Jane told himself before closing his eyes to pull the trigger.

"Hey bitch, I wasn't finished with you!" a very angry Oliver shouted, exiting Jane's home.