The Secret's Out

Chapter 6: The Secret's Out

Kristina woke with a start. She tried to look around for her surroundings and she was shocked to find that she was in her bedroom. The next thing that surprised her was that she wasn't tied or bind in anyway. She was resting comfortably on her bed. Had it all been a dream, did this Roy merely help her home and she fell into some sort of sleep because of the ordeal of it all? She closed her eyes and tried to gather bearings, and she immediately knew that she needed to find her phone.

She hopped from her bed and was stunned even more to find that it was on the charger on her dresser. She picked it up and immediately dialed Patrick's number again. She looked up and she saw a masked figure behind her and she was immediately stroke with a vision.

IN the Vision…

She had gotten out of bed and had gone to the dresser and retrieved her phone. When she looked in the mirror, she saw a masked figure come up behind her. Before she would have time to react, he would grab her from behind and cut her throat. It wouldn't be a kill cut, but one to make her suffer and unable to move. He would spend the next hour or so torturing her in ways that she never could imagine, until she would finally die due to blood loss. No one would hear her, and no one would come to her rescue. This would be her final moments on this earth and even in her vision her final words were to Patrick…..

Now…

She was immediately grabbed from behind. She had promised herself that she wasn't going to scream, but he was making it hard to follow through with that plan.

"Please, don't do this." She begged.

"My my my Dr. Frye, I was about to say that you didn't see this one coming but I do believe that would be a lie." He snickered and made that first slice.

*AC*

"No!" he screamed back to consciousness. He looked around frantically and he noticed that he had fallen asleep in Lisbon's car. He had fallen asleep and she had just left him there to fend for himself. He took in his surroundings and they seemed to be in some kind of parking lot, but he was surrounded by cop cars so that told him why she had left him in the car he was perfectly safe surrounded by their men in blue. A case, that was perfect. He could do a murder right now, it didn't matter if the face was unfamiliar all he had to do was take in the evidence around him, and find the killer. That would take his mind off the wasteland that was his life now.

He knew that Lisbon and even Kristina thought that he wasn't paying attention to the things that the doctor said but he was and he understood everything. Faces were like a blank canvas to him. No one had anything that made them sparkle, that made them who they were. When he looked at Grace he didn't see that crooked little smile that only she knew how to wear to perfection, or the way that her eyes had flecks of gold, he didn't even see his favorite little patch of freckles that she had on her nose. They were cute, they were shaped like a little butterfly, and they were everything that made Grace. Now we he looked at her the only way he knew that she was Grace, was by remembering that she drags her left foot a little when she walks because of an old touch football injury back when she was playing to please her father, or that every other day she smells of Cocoa Butter because of a shampoo she is using on her hair. The finer details, he mind is constantly on now, even when it usually didn't have to be. He taken in every detail, but the details tell lies.

Then there was Lisbon. Lisbon who made the case of "face blindness" that he was afflicted with special. Her face was the face that he knew. In a world full of strangers, there she was. Her hair shiny like the nicest silk, if he didn't know any better he would say that she had been washing it a little extra since his accident because every morning when she came to see him it was extra shiny. She would greet him with that smile that he loved, and a blueberry muffin. She would unravel the paper from around it and hand it to him carefully, because she just knew that his hand and entire arm still hurt like hell but he was too stubborn to take the meds prescribed to him. She would hand him a to go cup of his favorite tea and he would gladly drink it and it taste like pure heaven, even though those very pills that he told himself he wasn't going to take were swimming around in it because she knew that he hadn't taken them.