Please Don't Leave Me

Chapter 12: Please Don't Leave Me

It was a brand new morning and she was feeling refreshed. She rolled over and that's when it all came back to her. She had sex with Patrick Jane last night! She had sex with Patrick Jane last night! She looked at the clock and saw that it was a little after 5. He would be waking up soon, she bet she looked a mess. She quickly hopped from the bed.

She knew that a lot of things were going on. A madman wanted to kill the man she loved, but that didn't matter she would just have to keep him as close to her as possible and maybe they could do some more of what they did last night. What they did last night? Oh my god she had slept with him, and it was... she couldn't help the smile creeping up her face as she brushed her teeth.

She knew that she was turning into a girl, and for a minute she didn't care. She was always on point, while Van Pelt got to flirt and giggle and be, well, Van Pelt. It wasn't fair, she knew how everyone in the office thought of her, and she definitely knew what they thought about her weekly visits to the firing range. So for the moment she was going to do this. She was going to be a girl.

She took a quick look at the scar on her face. Dr. Martins was right, it was healing quite nicely. She didn't want him to see her that way though. Especially after they had taken this final step toward their future, she had decided that she was going to let him see her beauty. So she took the brush and brushed her hair one final time, and put a little concealer on her face to hide that scar. Then she eased back into bed beside him.

*AC*

Patrick Jane woke from some of the best sleep that he had had in a long time. He had made love to Teresa last night, and he didn't know what he was going to do about it. It wasn't that he regretted it, he felt many things, but regret was not one of them. It was just the old question of how he was going to protect her now. Although he knew the threat had been against his life, something kept telling him that she was the real target. RJ would do whatever it took to make sure he'd taken Lisbon, too.

Before he could even open his eyes he was overtaken by the smell of cinnamon and he loved it. That was one thing that he always loved about her, that sweet, spicy odor of cinnamon. She was like his little slice of apple pie and everyone loves apple pie. He leaned over and kissed her gently.

He couldn't help but smile when he felt her smiling back and he leaned in for a little more.

"I could get use to waking up like this." She practically purred.

"I know I could... " he stopped mid-sentence once his eyes were open and immediately jumped from the bed.

*AC*

Dr. Lorelei Martins took the blazer she had on last night out of the closet and threw it on the bed. She had to get the outfit just right. It had to scream Lisbon. She had figured it out, why hadn't anyone else figured it out. She knew they had practically been told the truth but it was like they chose to ignore the fact that he only recognized Lisbon because of the scar on her face. She had been teaching him all of these techniques that would help him learn the tells of others to identify them but he always relied on the scar on her face. Because of her scar he saw her true face which was scarred the night of their accident. His brain had fixated on that fact, and it was time for her to use it as her advantage.

She looked at herself in the mirror and knew she really could pull off the Lisbon look. She just had to try to walk manly, and god forbid if she had to run when she lured him away, it literally made her sad when she saw Lisbon run for the first time. It was like a wounded dog or something. She put her gun behind her shirt and sighed to herself. It really was a shame she couldn't have met him before this maybe they could've had some fun.

*AC*

He couldn't breathe, the walls were closing in. He knew for a fact that it was Lisbon, but it wasn't. She had been his constant. She had been the one thing keeping him grounded and he had finally given in to his desires and let her know how he felt, only to wake up and have her gone. She was gone, he needed Lisbon. He couldn't be here, not without Lisbon. He could feel the walls closing in.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" She cursed as she ran into the bathroom. She knew, she knew what was happening. She wanted to be perfect for him, but didn't realize just what waking up to her with no sign of a scar would do to him. She took the washcloth and quickly scrubbed the concealer from her face. She looked at herself and sighed when the faint scar returned. She hoped this did the trick.

She had reached him just in time, he was about to leave the room. He was half dressed, and he didn't even have any shoes on.

"Jane! Where are you going?" she shouted causing him to pause at the door.

When he turned around for just a split second she saw how truly frightened he was and it broke her heart. How was she going to get him through all of this? She didn't know but she would always be there for him. Then his face broke into the biggest smile she'd seen in a while, and then he threw his arms around her.

"Please Lisbon. Please don't leave me, I can make it through anything as long as I have you, but if you leave then I'll be truly lost."

She hugged him tighter. She wasn't going to let go. She would never let go.