Getting Closer

Chapter 11: Getting Closer

About ten minutes of walking down the road, and he knew he was being followed. It wasn't as if the man was being secretive about it. He obviously weren't trying to hide, and that's what made Jane feel uneasy. He picked up the pace, trying to get to a public area quickly. He had just rounded a corner when his phone rang, nearly making him wet himself.

"Hello." He answered not checking the caller ID.

"Hello Patrick, I'm so happy to find out that you didn't go boom." That familiar voice cackled.

"Well, you know it's going to take a little more than a bomb to stop me from finding you."

"I know, and I heard about your little problem, I'm so sorry but I realize it makes our little game a lot more fun." He sneered.

Patrick's stomach begin to flip-flop and he could feel his palms getting sweaty. This walk seriously hadn't been a good idea.

"Facial Blindness - when I heard about it my first thought was, is this a real thing. Then when I found out it was, well, it was like Christmas came early this year. I mean I could be there with you, right now, and you would never be able to tell."

Patrick didn't want Red John to know just how much he was getting to him. He began to walk at a slower pace, but his eyes were everywhere. He had finally made it to the park, that's where he had been heading. He had wanted to go and sit on a bench and think about things - like he and Lisbon had done just a few days ago, but now things were different. Anyone and everyone could be a threat, and he had no kind of back up to keep him safe. Now he knew that coming alone was a big mistake. He saw a man not too far from him reading a newspaper; but every few seconds he could see that he was looking up from the paper at him.

"Do you think that's me?" the voice on the phone asked. "He is a rather handsome fellow, but you can't even see how he really looks. Of course, that would simply be too easy, I could just sneak up behind you and grab you!"

Right when he said those words, Jane was knocked to the ground by an assailant. Unknown hands were grabbing at him and now he was totally freaking out trying to get away. He finally got the upper hand, when he picked up a small rock and hit the man on the head. Not very hard but the man was stunned temporarily allowing Jane to get away.

Now Jane was running, running but he wasn't in such good shape to run since his lungs were still "shit" after being blown up. His damaged side hurt and he was going to have to stop. Although he thought he was going to lose his mind he stopped anyway. Then when he felt a hand touch his shoulder, his mind just gave up and he passed out right then and there!

*AC*

Teresa Lisbon was angry. She was angry and she needed someone to yell at. She had the perfect person in Dr. Lorelei Martins.

"So he just says I'm going to step over here and you let him?" she asked pleasantly.

"He was talking to his girlfriend's son how the hell I was supposed to know he would pick that time to run off? I'm not the detective here you are, and you are the ones who are supposed to watch him. I'm the one who is in charge of his health. Speaking of health, why don't you let me take a look at your face? I think you could finally lose the bandage today." She said approaching Lisbon.

"He's out there alone and scared, and you're worried about my face. Red John is out there, he could get him. I swear to God if he gets hurt I'm going t ..." "Boss! Dr. Martins! Get out here!" Rigsby's voice shouted from the front of the apartment.

Lisbon didn't know what to think when she entered and Rigsby was lying an unconscious Jane down on the couch.

"What happened?" she asked rushing to his side.

"He's okay. He just had some kind of panic attack. I watched him leave the funeral. Frye's kid said something to him and I could see that it upset him, but you know it's Jane and he's not going to tell anyone anything. So I saw that you were talking to Cho and I decided I would just tail him. Then I think someone called him and that's when things got crazy. He saw me and started running away from me. Then, well, I forgot that he wasn't going to know I was me and he freaked. He bashed me in the head with a rock.

"Let me take a look at that." Lorelei said as she came to take a look at it.

"Thanks Rigs, why don't the two of you go next door and I'll stay here with him. He might still be a little freaked out so why don't you two just go next door."

"I don't think that's a good idea Lisbon, I want to see how he comes round."

"Rigsby needs your attention right now, and don't you think you've done enough for Jane?" she shouted a little louder than need be.

She was more than grateful when Rigsby took the good doctor by the hand and led her away to the other group of rooms they were occupying.

*AC*

He was waking up and trying his best not to panic. That's what he wanted. Red John wanted him to wake up and panic, because then he'd really enjoy doing whatever it was he was planning on doing to him. Jane was not going to allow that to happen. He was going to take it like a man, and then hopefully he would find a way to finally kill the bastard. When Jane finally opened his eyes, all the emotion he had been feeling just swam to the surface.

Lisbon knew what was coming and that's why she asked the others to go away. Since this whole blindness thing happened his emotions were all over the place and she wasn't surprised this time when he saw her face he sat up and immediately hugged her. She loved Jane hugs, she had always loved Jane hugs, but now since he had said it, she really loved Jane hugs. She just was not prepared for what happened next.

The kiss started out slowly. Just a little peck on the lips. It was nice and soft and left her lips tingling. He stopped and looked into her eyes, as if asking for permission. She wanted to make sure that he saw what she truly felt, so for that moment while no one was around she let down the walls that she had put up around herself. She wanted him to see just how much she loved him. That's when he really kissed her, and his tongue slipped inside her mouth for a little exploration.

Things were happening so fast, he had pulled up her shirt to untuck it from her pants, and she felt the button on her fly come undone.

"Jane, are you sure about this?" she asked. She was feeling things she hadn't felt in ages and she didn't want him to stop but she wouldn't take advantage of him.

"Oh Teresa, I haven't been so sure of anything in my life." He told her as he began floating butterfly kisses down her neck.

*AC*

"I bet he was truly scared." Lorelei practically giggled into the phone.

"They are together right now, she sent me away. You were right, he is so in love with her. I just don't think he'll ever have the balls to make the first move. I have the perfect plan though."

"What is that?" he asked her.

"Well her face is healing quite nicely, and I have a theory of my own." She smirked taking out a blazer similar to Lisbon's from her closet.