The Walls are Closing In

Chapter 10: The Walls Are Closing In

It was a cloudy and very gloomy day. Not that I would feel much better if today was a sunny and bright day, but maybe I would feel a bit better. Today we put Kristina Frye into the ground. What's weird, and is pulling at my gut this current moment is that she's not buried to far from Charlotte and Angela. Now I've got three reasons not to ever come back to this place. Yet I know that I will be back, I have to come back. For some odd reason at moments that are different than the last I'm drawn here. I have to come and beg for forgiveness for what I've done to them. This is where they are, I learned a long time ago there's no heaven, or hell, or Jesus for that matter. IF there was a place like heaven and our Lord then he would've never let a mad man like Red John in there to hurt my family.

Everyone came out for this, I've been told. There's still no change in me, I could still be looking my own mother in the face and for all I know it's a woman. Well that's accept for when it comes to Lisbon. She's still the most beautiful creature I've seen in years, but nothing can happen. This time around it's not because I'm protecting her. It's because she's protecting me. A protective Lisbon, is a scary Lisbon.

Teresa Lisbon was on edge. She was doing her best to keep her eye on the perimeter as well as her consultant. She thought it would be easy to keep Jane away from the funeral. Her ex-husband was there and he didn't like him, and it was a funeral. That alone was reason for her to think that he wouldn't show up, but his reason for being there was in the front row.

Joshua Frye was about twelve years old and he had lost his mother. That's why she had to keep telling herself. He was the reason that a man would come to a funeral where obviously everyone here blamed him for her death. Especially the husband, well ex-husband. Cho and Rigsby had to stop him from getting physically against Jane. She was going to protect him though, she didn't care what kind of game that Red John wanted her to be a part of it wasn't happening. No one else was dying, well unless it was Red John.

The thing thought that was bothering her right now, and kept stealing her attention away from the area surrounding them, a grieving family, and how Jane's hair seemed to be extra blonde, and his eyes looked extremely green every time he stole a glance at her that he thought she didn't notice. Dr. Lorelai Martins. She was sitting right there beside him, and he was allowing he to hold his hand. She knew of course that it wasn't nothing romantic, it was the whole crowd thing.

That was something that had noticed when they took a trip to the supermarket. A grocer that they had went to plenty of times ran by a lovely oriental man and his wife. They stopped Jane to talk to him and he had no idea who they were, and then the family started coming out of the back and everyone wanted to tell the story of how Jane had saved the day when a man had tried to rob them. The whole family had gotten a bit touchy feely and well, let's just say that he had a whopper of a panic attack.

So now he's only close to Lorelai and myself. We keep him safe. She really is a lot tougher than I thought, and she's helping him recognize things in people so that he recognize them without being able to recognize them. Like Rigsby's constant smell of something sweet, something about the clicks of stride when she walks, and Cho well he's Cho. She was helping him with this condition that just didn't seem like it was going away. She needed it to go away, so he wouldn't need her anymore, and she could go away.

The funeral was ending and he decided that he would stay in his seat until her family left and then he'd leave. Her husband was sort of big and he didn't know how much longer they could hold him off. He knew that he deserved the punch that he was just itching to lay on him. He wasn't here for him though. He was there for Joshua.

"Hey Mr. Jane, could I talk to you for a minute?" Joshua Frye asked as he approached.

"I'm so sorry about your mom." Jane told him quickly. He could tell that his father was detesting every moment his son spent in his presence.

"I need to speak to you a minute, alone if you don't mind." He asked referring to Dr. Martins who was hovering around.

"We're going to step over here for a second. I doubt someone is going to try and take me out at a funeral.

*AC*

Patrick didn't have any idea what Joshua would have to say to him but it sure as hell was not what he expected.

"I have a message for you from my mother." He told him.

Patrick couldn't believe what he was hearing. Not only was Kristina taking people for a ride with this scam of hers, she had her son doing it as well. He was a child. He would have never had Charlotte doing something like that. He wanted to tell him that his other was lying and he knew for a fact that he was as well, but he thought better of it, this would be the last time he saw this boy probably. Certainly if his father had anything to say about it, and once again he couldn't blame him.

"What is it?" he asked just wanted it to be over.

"She wanted you to know that she doesn't blame you. She knew the risk in all of this, and she wouldn't change any of it. She got to know you, and believe it or not you are a good person. You don't deserve this, and she's with them now."

"Thank you."

He needed to get away. He didn't mention them personally, but he knew who "them" implied. He was getting closer and closer to breaking and he needed to use this opportunity to get away from Joshua and Lisbon and her paranoia. He knew that he wasn't coming after him right now. They were expecting him to, no he would wait until their guard was down and then he would strike.

After he watched Joshua make it back to his father, and made sure that Lisbon had Lorelai distracted. He was sure that they were talking about him. This was the perfect time to get away. He eased from the graveyard and took off down the street. He didn't even notice the man following him.

A/N: Am I losing my touch yet with this story? Let me know. Speak soon.