Shoot the Bitch!

Chapter 15: Shoot the Bitch!

"Oliver Frye!" Lisbon frowned in disbelief.

"Hello again Teresa, well it's not again. I mean you and I have been playing this little game for what ten years now? Surprise, I bet I was far from who you were expecting to be Red John, right?"

Lisbon was truly confused. Kristina's husband, Oliver. How could he be Red John? Why would he be Red John? Nothing made sense.

"I know it's a shocker - right. You must have so many questions. Why would I do it? How do I know Jane? You and I have seen that jealous streak of yours and I know now you are probably thinking - was Kristina playing him? A part of you profoundly wishes she was so that you'd be justified in not being so happy she died. For that I say shame on you Lisbon, Kristina's son doesn't have a mother any more, and if this ends the way I hope, then her son will also be without a father. I know you of all people would not wish that on anyone."

"Why?" she asked.

"I tell you what; your time is ending Teresa. Why don't I tell you a little story?"

*AC*

The first thing Patrick noticed was that the person who told him she was Dr. Lorelei Martins had missed the turn on the way to the station. They were heading toward Malibu. The second thing he noticed was that she seemed to be mumbling to herself. He took this time to look at her, of course the face was different. The face was always different. He had to take in the other stuff, the small tells. Something had her agitated. He needed to get her talking.

"Lorelei, is everything alright?" he asked calmly.

"Well... You see, it wasn't supposed to be like this. I had student loans, I mean I'm a neurologist for god's sake, I'm not supposed to be a henchman for a serial killer." She shouted.

"Serial killer." He said under his breath.

"I mean I cut open brains and give people the ability to talk again by removing tumors and he has me running through the bushes and totally ruining people's lives. In the beginning it was sort of fun. I mean I would just leave notes, or pick up people from various places but he liked me and I got too close. Plus, it's that damn competitive streak in me. I have to be the best. I want to be the best at everything, and I had to be the best at this and well it's going to be the death of me Patrick.

"When I met you I was shocked! First of all, I never thought that I would be put in the situation where I would meet "The Patrick Jane". Then, when I did meet you, your case was fascinating. A person doesn't come across "face blindness" often and I had it right in front of me and now he just wants me to blow your brains out! I can't. I could never kill you. I mean your brain was incredible before this, and now. Oh God, I wanna crack that thing open and see what's inside. Now I've taken Lisbon and... "

"Lisbon, what have you done with Lisbon?" he asked cutting off her tirade.

*AC*

"Patrick Jane has you so fooled Lisbon. You think of him as this wounded bear, and all you want to do is protect him and make him whole again or some shit like that. You just don't understand. He's not your teddy bear. He's an awful human being and he uses his powers for evil, when he should use them for good."

"Powers?" she asked confused.

"Now I'm not talking about psychic powers, Patrick Jane has no power! That's just the bull he's been preaching since we were kids." Oliver practically spat at her.

Teresa had Red John. She had him here, right before her very eyes, and he was telling her a story? What kind of alternate dimension had she stepped into? When he proposed telling her this story, it was only because he had every intention of cutting her throat when he was finished. She could keep him talking. She could do this.