The Plot Thickens

Chapter 9: The Plot Thickens

She was pissed. She had stepped away for few minutes, only because he made it seem like it was physically hurting him if he didn't get something to eat. She decided to have a burger and some fries, only to have to get physical with some deranged nurse when she got back to his room. She wanted and she was going to get her answers.

"I'll ask you again where is Red John?" she said trying her best to stare this psycho down.

"Yea like I'm just going to answer that. You think that you've stopped what's about to happen Teresa. Red John likes you, he thinks that the two of you will have fun together."

"You can cut that mind game, speaking in code bullshit, he and I will not be playing anything. Patrick will find him, and then I'm taking him down. That's the only game that he and I will be playing.

Teresa wanted to snap her neck, and it didn't help when the psycho started laughing at her.

"We confiscated your suicide tablet and you won't be having any visitors. You do realize that it's over for you. So tell me something useful and we'll try to work out a deal."

"You wanna know something, I'll tell you something. That Patrick of yours, he's broken. It took him a long time but he's broken now. No matter what he says he feels for you, he'll never let you in, and Red John knows this. So he's going to do you a favor and set Jane out to pasture."

"If you think I'm going to let you or Red John get your hands on him..."

"No one can stop him. Red John is everywhere, and he's going to give Jane what he has wanted for so long. He's going let him be with his family, and then he'll start with you. He can't wait to see how long it takes to break you."

"Why you little…"

"Boss, Can we step outside for a minute?" Cho asks her feeling that things are getting a little hot and heavy in the interrogation room.

"Fine, I need to check on Jane anyway." She tells him excusing herself from the room.

*AC*

"We really appreciate you doing this." Grace told the young doctor as she set up the monitors around the room.

"Well when I took this job I never thought that I would be in a halfway house, hidden away with my patient. This isn't going to get dangerous is it?" she asked worried.

"Oh no you guys are safe here. An officer will always be here. It'll probably be Lisbon. We just don't want something like what happened to happen again. Is he going to be okay?"

Lorelei Martins took a moment to look at the young red head. She saw worry and compassion oozing from her. She could tell that she really cared about this Patrick Jane.

"Don't worry, we're going to take good care of him."

"Well I'll step out and let you get him settled in. I better check in with the boss." She smiled leaving the two of them alone.

Lorelei took a moment to take in the looks of her patient. He really was quite an attractive man. She would teach him to deal with this "face blindness". She would help understand that this was not a death sentence for him he had plenty too look forward to in life. She was torn from her thoughts by the vibrating of her phone. She knew she was supposed to give it to the detective, but there were some things she couldn't give up.

"Hello." She answered.

"How is he?"

"He's going to be just fine. Our little detective got there in time to stop our friend from doing the job."