A Whole New World

Suffering from severe brain damage can really make a person lose all concentration. Okay I'm suffering from severe brain damage, but there's something going on up there, and right now I don't care to listen to the things they are telling me. "Facial Blindness" that's going to be my world now. Every face that I see is not the face of the occupants wearing them, it's like the world was rewritten while I was asleep, and we are suffering from some kind of body snatchers, or pod people.

I was finally starting to a new relationship with someone, and now with one flinch of the wrist I think I ruined it. Kristina Frye was never my choice for moving on, I liked her. She is an enigma that I want to crack. She reminds me of my old self, and how I use to use the things around me to make innocent strangers think that I was communicating with their love ones from beyond the grave. I knew it was wrong but it kept me in designer clothes, and I had so much money I didn't know what to do with it. Then Red John came and he taught me that I should've appreciated the finer things that I had other than material things.

Red John is another thing. What happens if he finds out about this? For all I know this doctor could be Red John. Is he?

"Mr. Jane are you listening?" Dr. Joyner asked.

"I'm sorry, I must've zoned out there for a minute.

He had to get his self together, he was not going back to padded cells and strait jackets.

"Take a look at these?" Dr. Joyner asked passing Jane two photographs.

I knew that this was some kind of test, if this who "face blindness" thing was true I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that. I see two woman, they both have brownish hair and green eyes. They have nice smiles, but that's about it. They look boring, bland, I tucked their faces away in my memory palace for later. I'm sure he's going to give them back to me and I have to remember what they look like.

"What do you see?" he asked.

"Two woman, they aren't used to smiling, so it looks awkward."

"Mr. Jane those are two pictures of the same person."

"What?" he asked confuse

He looked at the two photos again and they looked nothing alike, and he was telling him they were the same person.

"I know that it can be hard to comprehend, but yes they are the same person. Furthermore they are both pictures of Teresa Lisbon."

Jane looked back at the woman who had been sitting silently there with him the whole time. When he looked at her there was no doubt who she was, the bouncy auburn hair, the dimpled chin with matching cheeks, it was Lisbon. He knew her, and the bandage she wore on the side of her face reminded him that he had almost lost her.

"Are they really?" he asked looking at her closely, trying to see if he face would give away her answer.

"I'm sorry Jane, I got them from an album from home, and they both are of me." She sighed reaching for his hand.

NO matter what anyone said she was not taking advantage of the predicament that Jane was in. Now she didn't even want to be here, this was the place for Kristina. Kristina is the girlfriend and she should be holding his hand, but she's not. She can't take this, so she is the one who has to be there for him at his doctor's appointment. He had made her his POA and that was yet another thing that Kristina Frye wasn't found of. It wasn't her fault, Jane trusted her, he needed her, and as long as he did she would be there for him. She squeezed his had a little longer than needed, she hoped he knew just how important he was to her.

*AC*

Kristina had tidied up the living room, and now she was working on the kitchen. It was crazy, when she would go and stay over at Patrick's place he seemed so anal about everything, now that he had been staying with her he barely cleaned up anything. Maybe it was because his mobility was still limited. As she pick up yet another one of his tea cups she thought to herself how Teresa should be the one cleaning up after him. After all he made her his POA. She was pulled from her thoughts by the doorbell.