Chapter 1

Cadi's POV

I am called down for breakfast. I grab my suitcase on the way out, and run down the stairs to eat. I eat, then head upstairs to get changed without a word.

When I come back downstairs, I am wearing a pair of black jeans and a T-shirt with a black hoodie.

When I was thirteen, I lost my best friend. He joined the military, and got shot. He didn't make it. I have devoted my life from then on to trail in his footsteps.

"Cadi, you just gonna be silent before you go?" my dad asks. I look up at him, and give a small smile.

"Sorry dad, I love you," I said getting up and giving him a hug.

He walked me to the end of the driveway, and when we got there, I walked off. I didn't wanna have anything more to hang onto. I had packed my suitcase, and done everything in my power from there. I didn't bring clothes, seeing we got a uniform when we got there.

I get on the bus, and sit for about 20 minutes. A guy sits beside me, staying silent. When the bus started moving, he spoke.

"Vi, I never expected a pretty girl on a bus to the military like you."

"Shut up. I have devoted my life to this, don't push it, because I will make you regret it."

He smirks. "Feisty, I like it."

I slap him. "OW!" he yells. The whole bus turns to look at us. "What the hell was that for?!" he growls.

"being a dick," I mutter looking out the widow. I watched as the fields turned to trees, and we finally made it to the military base we would be staying for the next 6 months.

We file off the bus, and are told to stand in a single file line. We stand straight, and as our names are called we call out "present" back to the commander.

"Okay, soldiers! I am commander Alester, you will be training hard for the nect 6 months, if you don't pass the test! If you do, you are to go onto the next camp, and start working there. You have one week to prove you can survive without problem here, and if you do, then you passed, and you're going to be heading into a fight sooner then the rest here! To the cabins, NOW SOLDIERS!"  The commander yells.

We walk in our single file line to the cabins. Our first day was tomorrow, today we were just lounging around.

Someone pinched my ass, making me turn around and face them, our faces inches away. It was a guy with green eyes, and dark hair.

"Was that you?" I ask sweetly.

"Yea, you got a problem with it?"

"Yes I do."

"What ya gonna do about it, Sweetheart?"  he asks with a stupid smirk.

I walk up his chest with my fingers, and when i make it to his collar bone, I punch him, in the jaw, knocking him off his feet. "Boys, I am the only girl here, and I am small as hell, but I ain't WEAK! Treat me with the respect you treat each other!" I say. They all stare at me awestruck. Vi is staring at me, his mouth agape.

"You just- He was- how did she-"

"What," I mutter.

"He was supposed to be the strongest of the group, and you knocked him off his feet... The guy on the bus said he was gonna kick ass at this, but you just..."

"He doesn't have the reasons I do for being here," I reply. I walk outside, and across the camp to the Commanders cabin. I open the door, and step in.

"Sir, you better be teaching those boys respect for a woman."

"Why?"

"Because, they have none."

"Okay, its getting close to supper, go wash up, and we will talk more tomorrow." I nod and leave, trudging back through the mud and washing my hands.

..........

I lay awake in bed, not wanting any of the memories to come back. I feel tears burn my eyes. I look up at the tarp roof, and just sit there, the tears falling silently on my pillow.

'Cadi, we got a telegram, please come to our place' Mrs. Codwell says. Her voice was thick with tears.

'Yes ma'am.'

When I got there, I read over the telegram, and burst into tears. He was shot in action, and wasn't treated fast enough.. he died...

I cry myself to sleep that night. the next morning when I woke up, I decided I would dedicate my life to this, and here I am now, in one of the camps, starting my training in the morning... Here goes nothing...

__________

Hey guys, this is actually sorta a real life story. As of today, I am dedicating my life to training to join the military because my really good friend just died in the military. Anyways, if you think this book is worth it, LIKE COMMENT AND RATE thanks guys!