Chapter 16

Vi's POV

Cadi has changed. Its been a month since she has been back, and the whole crew is fucking terrified of her. One night, I woke up and saw she was gone, but not only her, but her drawer was opened, her boots, and her clothes were gone as well as the small knife everyone keeps in their bed side table.

I hear a grunt, and see one of the guys coming in, beaten the shit out of. Of course, the only other person that I knew of that was out of bed was Cadi, so my prediction stood. The next morning, he wouldn't even look at her, because he was just that afraid.

I looked at her, and she just gave me an innocent shrug, not bothering to explain, and continued eating.

Throughout the month she has been back, I have had incidents where I wake up, and look to see a glimpse of her leaving the tent, but when I go to catch up to her, she is already out of sight. I usually just lay down, but for once, I felt like going outside because, well, laying down and worrying about some girl is kinda boring, and pointless.

She usually gets back around dawn, but this time she wasn't back before sun up. I was confused, and got worried. She was missing. Why was she missing? She always comes back. Was she captured? Did something happen?

I start thinking of all these things as she walks back into the camp, looking nervous when she sees me. I smile at her, she gives me a nod, then starts coming towards me.

"Hey," she says shyly. What was she hiding?

"You okay?" I ask, genuinely worried about her. Her wounds had healed, but seeing she went into a coma, it wasn't a very efficient heal, and she keeps pushing herself past her limits. She shouldn't be working and training for one day straight, ever. Yet, here she is, back from whatever she was doing, and about to get straight to training.

"Yea, I'll be fine," she says, looking around her, as if afraid of something.

"Why aren't you now?" I ask. She was seriously anxious, and now I was worried. What was going with the most amazing girl in the world? The one that was and seemed to be afraid of nothing? Seriously, this was weird, and not like her, at all.

"Reasons. It doesn't matter."

"It matters to me," I counter, and she stares at me. "I care about you, Cadi. Explain what is going on, I want to help you, but I cant without any bases of what to do to help."

"You cant help Vi, nobody can help me but myself. Its just a matter of me locking the demons away again."

"Demons?"

"Did I say demons, its not what I-"

I cut her off, "no, talk to me Cadi."

She shakes her head, and I can see tears forming in her eyes. It hurts to see her in pain like that, but I want to help, and I will help because she needs it. I love her too much not to.

"Please, Cadi. We cant keep secrets, or we will forever have something against each other."

"I don't wanna talk about it right now."

I nod, and we walk to the gym tent, and start our 4 hour work out, and then go for our 3 hour sprint, then lunch.

I kept asking if she was alright, and she kept persisting she was, but I wasn't buying it.

I took her back to the tent, and told her we were taking a nap, and she just plainly agreed flat out right there. She slept restlessly, though, which was what I anticipated, so I just laid there, keeping an eye on her, thinking of something I could do to try and help at least. I finally gave myself the guts to go lay beside her, knowing that when she woke up I was probably gonna get a good slap.