Chapter 7

Erin's POV

I lay beside her. How did she get here? Why was she here? Why did she come?

I was stuck in a place where I couldn't age, and nobody could see me. She calms down when I wrap my arm around her waist. I am all of a sudden confused. She shouldn't be able to feel me, unless she's that one person...

I shake my head not believing it. Why would SHE be that person. I was so confused. I nuzzled my head into the back of her neck, and she turned over, facing me. Her eyes were closed, her mouth opened just slightly, and we were close enough I could hear little wisps of air escape her lips. I felt them tingle against my cheek.

Why did she come to the camp I was killed at? What if she doesn't make it past first cuts, or even second!? They will kill her!

Her eyes open slightly, but its just a flutter till they are back closed. Her head presses against my chest, and she is fast asleep again, the wisps of breath escaping her lips.

I get up, and leave, going to look at her file. She shouldn't be here.

I open the filing cabinet slowly, and start fingering through the files of everyone else who has been here. I finally find her file, and open it.

File:
First name: Cadi
Last name: Lakes
Grade: Best
When she is due leaving: Tomorrow.

Damn she got great grades, and she is leaving tomorrow. With who??

I flip the page to see my brothers name. Wait, VI IS HERE NOW!?

I close the folder and head back to her tent. I look around for her, but when I see her bed empty I panic.

I hear footsteps outside, and sprint to see who it is. Its her, going towards the gym tent. How the hell am I supposed to do this!?

If she can feel me, it means she must be able to see me too.

I watch as she enters the tent, then I decide its time to go. What is wrong with me? She has probably been working towards this all her life, and now, I may never see her again.

Cadi's POV

About three hours later, I leave the gym. It was time to go. I walk into the tent, and grab my uniform.

I slip it on, and then go to wake Vi up. It was 5 in the morning, and now I am supposed to get used to working with him.

I watch as he moves in his sleep, and then he opens his eyes, and stairs at the ceiling.

"Time to go," I murmur. He looks at me, tired.

"Why were we chosen?" he asks.

"To be honest, I have no idea. Get up, get dressed, we're heading out soon."

He gets up, rubs his eyes, and then gets up. I walk away before he starts changing, and wait outside. The truck was already started, and I had jumped in the back. 5 minutes later, so did Vi, and we were off.

Vi's POV

I look over at Cadi. She looked exhausted, but acted like it was nothing. It scared me to know that she was my partner, but at the same time, I for some reason had an instinct to keep her safe. I cared.

"So, we have a few hour ride, wanna get to know each other?" I ask. She looks over at me, and glares.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I'll ask you a question, you ask me one?"

"Fine."

"What's your favorite colour?"

"Black, how about you?"

"Aqua blue."

"Okay, do you have any siblings?"

"Yea, 1 dead brother."

She looks at me, sorrow filled eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Don't worry about it, Cadi. He's been dead for a few years now. He died at the camp we were just at. He was shot, by who knows who. I didn't know till I came back from my trip to Jasper with the rest of the school."

"Oh, wow.  Shitty, I am still sorry that I brought it up."

"No problems, just be careful about mentioning his name around the new camp, seeing you may know him."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, never mind."

She looks at me, then away. I could tell she was done with the chit chat. We sit there in total silence, and when we come to a stop, she jumps out, and already knows what to expect. I watch a guy pinch her ass.

She gives him a death glare, and he smirks, saying "The little girl got a temper."

I watch amused.

She presses herself against him, everything. She looks up at him and flutters her lashes, then he tries placing a hand on her waist. as his hand is close, she grabs it, still looking at him with innocent eyes.

"Aw, what you doing baby?" he asks.

She picks his hand up, and he flips it so that her palm and his are pressed together. He goes to kiss the top of her hand. She reacts.

She wraps her hand around his, and he stops, staring down at her in terror. She twists instantly, and he screams out. I just chuckle. When she lets go, she circles him, and then hits him in the back.

He falls forward, landing on all fours.

Damn, I would love to be beaten the shit out of by a hot chick like her.

She finally lifts his head, and he is now on his knees. She looks into his eyes, then punches him, knocking him out.

I start clapping slowly, and so does the rest of the group. Damn, I was lucky to have that as a partner.

__________

Hope you guys enjoy the book so far. If you think it deserves it, LIKE COMMENT AND RATE please!