Chapter 19

Vi's POV

I run like my life depended on it. It was her. I was positive it was her scream. I take a sharp corner, and then see 2 people walking towards me, one with a gun in his hand, the other without. I glared at them as I passed, and they stopped in their tracks, their faces going pale.

I take another sharp turn, and there she is, on the ground, bleeding out. I knew it.. I instantly go to her aid, and push my hand on the wound. She got shot by one of the people in the camp, and they were going to pay.

I race her through the camp, and to the medical tent. It has almost been three months, and she's back. She's passed out, I can tell, but she isn't in a coma.

She tries to cling to me, but I have to place her onto the bed. The nurse looks me straight in they eyes, and tells me to leave. I glare at her, not saying a word, not moving an inch. I feel a hand wrap around mine.

"P-please don't leave me..."

"I won't," I promise quietly. I look at the nurse, and we share a glare, then she goes to get the medical stuff, and I stay right beside Cadi.

I can tell she's about to pass out. She had already lost more then a pint of blood, so I wouldn't care if she did pass out, she wasn't aloud to die. That's it.

I kiss her forehead, and we stare at each other. When the nurse gets back, we don't bother looking. I give her a reassuring squeeze, and then I feel her grip tighten. I hear the faint sound of her skin being ripped open by a small needle, and she cringes. It hurts, I know that much.

I let her squeeze my hand till the circulation is broken, and even then I don't attempt to stop her. I cant even imagine what kind of pain she is in right now. It must be seriously agonising. I would scream out.

I look her straight in the eyes, and smile. She tries to smile back, but it turns into a glare. I could tell that it hurt just by looking into her eyes. The regular golden brown is gone, and it is a dark dark brown. Tears were welling, and I couldn't help but feel a pang of pain in my heart. I hated seeing her like this.

"All done," says a feminine voice.

I look over at the nurse, and she the stitching on Cadi's stomach. I nod, and turn back to Cadi.

"Who did it, Cadi," I ask. She looks up at me, and doesn't say a word. I know what she wants.

"She wants to head back to the tent, I'm taking her from here. Thanks for the help Lilly."

"Your welcome. I highly recommend you keep her h-"

"No. She wants to go back to the tent, and lay in her bed, not this one. I will take her there, and we will deal with the rest. Don't bother telling me I can, because I will anyways."

She nods.

I pick up Cadi bridal style, and take her back to the tent. I lay her gently on the bed, and sit down beside her. I place my hand on her arm, and look her straight in the eyes.

"Cadi, who did it.."

"Mark.. Markas Tolijail. He shot me, his friend was just with him. Mark's failing, so he tried getting away with reducing the competition so that he wouldn't be killed because he was worthless. His friend didn't want him too, please don't hurt Calub for doing nothing... Please..."

"What's Calub's last name," I growl. They were both gonna pay.

"Calub Kline.." she murmurs. I nod, and go to leave, but I feel her hand grip my wrist.

I look at her out of the corner of my eye. "Please.. Come back..."

I nod, and start walking out again. I walk through the camp till I spot them, sitting in the shade, drinking a soda of some sort...