Chapter 10

Cadi's POV

I wake up, tied to a chair. Oh for fucks sake, where am I. I thrash around, trying to get free. It all seemed useless, this was stupid. Why? Why was I so stupid to wander away from the group?

I hear the quiet sound of footsteps coming from somewhere near by. I listen as keys jangle, and a door opens behind me. I decide to play it cool, and see where that gets me. Damn I'm an idiot, kept racing through my mind.

The guy comes in front of me, and he isn't anyone I recognize. "Well well well, trying to sneak up on my men and kill them, hey? You cant be much older then sixteen!" His voice was low and raspy. He was tall, and muscular. I glare straight into his eyes. I already hated him, and wanted to drive a knife through his throat.

"Why am I here, and where is here?" I ask, not showing the deep hatred I had for him in the words I say.

"You're here for your stupidity, and where here is, that's classified."

"Excuse me?"

"Watch that tone with me little girl, or I'll kill you on the spot."

For some reason, I felt as if I should know the person that was talking to me in that way, but I didn't. I thought of something I could say, but nothing came out, so I played the weak girl act, as much as I hated it. If I could, I'd tear this guy limb by limb, I think.

I burst into fake tears, and he looks at me in utter shock. "These restraints are digging into my wrists, and it really hurts," I cry falsely. I HATE THIS!

"Aw, sweety. Here, I'll loosen them for you." Idiot haha. When he loosens them, I slip out of them easily, and punch him, knocking him out. I think I broke his nose. Whoops.

I run to the door, quickly tying back up my hair. I was getting out of here, now.

I peeked out, seeing two guards, and thinking of a plan. I walk back over to the dumbass with the broke nose, and search him for anything I could use. I finally find a knife, and decide I could use that to my advantage.

I walk over to the door, and simply pursue the to come in. They come in. Idiots. I simply look at them, my top slightly unbuttoned. That was nice. One of the guys came close to me, expecting to get something out of it, and I stab him when he leans down to kiss my neck.

The other guy stares at me, and I just plainly walk over to him, wiping blood on his collar bone. He reaches for his pocket, but before he can get his hand to it, I simply slide the knife gently across his throat. I move, and blood pours out. He falls to his knees, and within 2 seconds is dead on the floor.

Fuck, how thick are these guys?

I walk down the hall, and don't have any other interruptions as I make it out of the building. I am a soldier now, I will not be fazed by a little blood shed, and a few soldiers on a different team trying to kill me.

I walk outside, and look around. There are tents everywhere, but most of the soldiers must still be in the fight. I hear one singular gunshot, and then look up, and see where it was shot. I know instantly who it was.

I sprint out of the base camp, and down the trail. I hear footsteps behind me, fast. Too fast. I hear a gun shot, and jump to a side, seeing the shot his the very ground I was standing on.

I take a quick turn and into the forest I go. I run as fast as I can, knowing the woods like nothing before. I break into an opening, and get skimmed by a bullet. It was just on my side, I should be fine.

I see Vi set up, and shooting. I sprint towards him, and pick up his gun, yanking him up and sprinting to base. I get shot at, and then I feel a seething pain in my side. Shit. I feel the blood slithering down my side, and staining my shirt.

"Cadi, stop, you're hit," Vi says. I shake my head, continuing to run. I get shot again, except in the shoulder this time. When I make it out of the clearing, things start going fuzzy. I cant stop, I will die. I continue running, knowing where camp is. When I make it to camp, I finally let myself calm down, slightly, and I fall to ground, everything going black.