Chapter 17

Cadi's POV

He's there, alive, then BANG! I see blood pour from his abdomen, and then the scene changes. The note is being written, and sent out. No.. Scene change. Its there, and they are nothing. They are crying, the whole family, except the son, the one that was at camp. It was all gonna be different, and he would never come back. He was so close... Scene change. I see the nice lady from next door pick up the phone. His mom. She whispers into it, then hangs up. Scene change. I get there, and see she has a yellow piece of paper, telegram. I snatch it from her, and instantly start reading... Scene change. Everything is different. Its me now, in a room, lying on a bed. Its not just any room, its a hospital, and its not me after a minute, its my little sister. I notice one thing, its a slow, beep. Beep. Beep. Then it goes flat. Tears spring to my eyes and I start screaming, then everything starts fading.

"NO!" I spring upright in my bed, my face wet with tears. I stare at the sleeping form in the bed next to mine, knowing Vi is right there, and will try and help me. I hear a faint whisper, but its not one I recognize.

"Cadi, lay down... Its okay, you need to sleep..." then it goes silent. I lay down, but I know its gonna be useless, and I'm not going to sleep. I was so confused, I didn't want the nightmares... I wanted to die more then anything, and I knew for a fact it wasn't like me, or possibly wasn't even my own thoughts, just simply all a lie like everything else recently.

I want to burst into tears, but I cant force myself to. I don't want to move next to Vi, because that might be weird to wake up to for him.

I feel eyes on me. I look over to see Vi's eyes open, and looking straight at me.

I look back at him, and he opens his arms, welcoming me into a hug. I instantly go. He makes me feel safe, and I couldn't understand why. It was weird.

He pulls me into his chest, just adding to the feeling of safety. I didn't know why, but I kept having this dream where my little sister dies, and I was terrified that it'd come true one day. It feels like a stab through the heart when I think about it. I slowly fall asleep, the comfort of him there beside me, all I need to keep myself in a good sleep.

I finally allow myself to close my eyes, and completely drift off into a dreamless sleep.