Chapter 12

Vi's POV

I sprint through the camp, down to the medical tent. There's a truck, and a stretcher. I am stopped by a few guards, and they give me sad looks.

I try to push them off me. She's not dead... 'LET ME SEE HER!' I yell. The just start pushing me away. She can't be dead...

I watch as the stretcher and a couple men go into the medical tent, and then they come out, a small, pail hand just peeking out the blanket.

No... She's not fucking dead. She cant be fucking dead. They put the body in the truck, and then I try to force my way through. SHE'S NOT DEAD! NO!

They give me a look, telling me she's gone. I stop. I stop trying for one brief second, then I ram into a guy, sending him to the ground. I feel a sharp pain on the top of my head, and everything goes black...

Then I wake up. I look around, and notice its either really fucking early in the morning, or really late at night. I decide that I'm gonna get up and go see Cadi.

Its been a week, everyone is worrying. Cadi might not make it, we don't know. We are all worried.

I quickly pull on my trousers, and jacket. I lace up my boots, and then I walk out the tent quietly. I trudge through the muck, towards the medical tent. I just wanted to see her.

I slowly unzip the tent, go in, and re-zip it.

Cadi's POV

I wake to the sound of footsteps. I still cant move, and I still feel that sharp pain, but I think I'm doing better. I feel a warm hand embrace mine.

I try to move my fingers, to tell him I'm here. To tell him I'm listening. I cant. I try so hard. He clutches my hand in both of his, and I know already who it is.

I feel his lips press to my fingertips, and then wet drops fall. He's crying.

"Cadi, we need you back.." his voice cracks. "We need our little warrior. We need you. I need you. I cant hold up this strong act much longer, and I cant lose you. I cant. I know that the guys in the tent miss you. I know they like being on top again, but they cant get over the fact that you may be gone for good." He sobs. "Please, Ms.Lakes. Don't leave us..."

I want to so bad wake up, get out of this shit headed coma, try and comfort him. I don't know why, but truthfully, I needed him too. I needed to know that he was there. I needed to think of anything I could do in this coma, anything at all, just to tell him I know, and I understand. I need to find a way to tell him I'm here...

I put all of my energy in trying to clutch his hand. I feel my hand softly clutch his.

Vi's POV

I felt something. I look up at her in awe. She clutched my hand. She might be waking up! She can hear me!

"Cadi, can you hear me, clutch my hand again if you can."

I feel a slight movement. She can hear me. Oh my god, she is right here, listening to everything I am saying.

"Cadi, please. Please wake up." Nothing. No movement. No nothing. I feel heart broken. What if it was just my imagination. What if...

I clutch her hand, and kiss her fingertips. I finally find the guts to admit it.

"Cadi if you can hear me... Please... I need you to wake up.. I-I think I'm in love with you..." Then I get up and leave. I just admitted I was in love with Cadi Lakes, the Cadi Lakes, the most ferocious, merciless, insane girl in a military camp, and I'm in love with her...