Chapter 12

*Perrie's Pov*

I have forgotten what it was like to look forward to going to work. Having spent the last few months working myself to exhaustion, the studio had become my refuge. I was surprised on Monday morning to find I still enjoyed my job. Few people could say that. Of course, after the weekend I'd spent with Jade, the whole world felt new and brimming with possibility. I breezed past a news stand on the way into the building, resisting the urge to read the headlines. Jade's face greeted me from a few, making my pulse race.

I wasn't certain I would ever be accustomed to seeing my lover's face on the covers of magazines. I would never get used to seeing mine. But today I didn't care about their speculations and insinuations. A weekend in Jade's bed had put things in perspective. Whatever sensational story they wanted to claim, we knew the truth. Not that the truth had been entirely easy to swallow. Jade had revealed things to me that I was still trying to wrap my head around. I loved her regardless of her past, regardless of her darkness, but if I was being honest, Jade's confession left me feeling curious. Who was this woman who had been her submissive? This girl had clearly been well chosen because an Internet search had turned up no mention of Jade's darker proclivities. Part of me felt guilty for even looking. Part of me felt jealous. Whoever she was, she'd shared something with Jade that I hadn't. I couldn't help thinking she'd been braver than me. All I wanted was the pleasure. This girl carried Jade's pain for her.

Strolling across the lobby's marble floor, I quickened my pace to catch the lift just as the doors began to close. A petite hand shot out, prompting the doors to jerk back open.

"Thanks," I said breathlessly, smiling to discover my savoir was the new girl, she starting working here a few weeks ago I think her name is Maggie.

(Picture of Maggie below.)

"No problem

"No problem." She returned my grin. "Hey do you want to do lunch sometime?." She asked looking up to me with so much hope in her eyes.

"Yeah sure." I said.

"This week. Wednesday? Thursday?"

"Either should be fine." I said whiling smiling, The lift doors slid open and Maggie shot me one more giddy smile and said "See you later cutie." She winked at me before she darted over to her office.

Cutie? Okay I guess she's just trying to be nice.

I deposited my bag at my desk and went to check in about the week ahead. Popping my head into Eliza's office, I found her staring absent-mindlessly at her computer. "Got a minute?"

She looked up, obviously startled "Yeah of course what's up?"

"What do I need to do this week?" I asked.

"I need you to finish this paperwork and we have a few artist's coming in to record this week could you be there for that?" Eliza asked.

"Of course." I smiled and was about to turn to leave.