Chapter 16

(Just a short updated to say I'm sorry for not updating regularly and might not be for awhile.)

*Perrie's Pov*

The office hummed with energy the following morning, Peeking inside Eliza's office, I spotted Alycia perched on her desk. I knocked on the door. "Am I interrupting?"

"No," Eliza said. They both looked rattled. It was rather adorable.

"I forgot to drop this off to you on Tuesday." I crossed to her desk and handed her a file.

Alycia grinned at me. She pushed off the desk. "I'll leave you two to discuss, I'll see you at home I love you." She glanced at Eliza with obvious affection.

"I love you too." Eliza watched her leave, relaxing back into her chair with a sigh.

I couldn't help being a bit jealous. things were simple for them. They could go on dates without worrying about paparazzi following their every move.

"How was your day off?" Eliza asked.

I hadn't bothered to lie to Eliza about my intentions. Since I'd started at the studio I hadn't used a single personal day or any of my vacation. "Fabulous."

It was an honest answer. Yesterday had felt closer to normal than any day since Jade and I had worked things out. I'd found myself wishing that it was fresh start.

"You look tired." Eliza studied my face.

I choked back a laugh. There was a lot of stress in my life at the moment, but that wasn't why I looked tired. That was entirely due to my insatiable girlfriend.

"I checked and you still have all your vacation days," She continued. "Those expire at the end of the calendar year."

"I'm sure I'll use them over the holidays." Jade's schedule had been full of meetings with visiting dignitaries and charity events. She had suggested that I accompany to her to these daytime appointments, but I'd been all too happy to remind her that I had a job.

"I'm holding you to that," Eliza said pointedly. Her blue eyes glanced out the door of her office. "I could use your help with something."

"Whatever you need, boss." I lowered my voice to match hers, immediately curious to why we were whispering.

"I'm taking Alycia out on Friday," She confessed. "We've mostly been hanging out at the house. . But we haven't gone on a date for a while now and I think I might have lost my touch I just... I guess I want to be romantic."

It would be impossible for her to be any cuter. I nodded for her to continue.

"Should I still buy flowers?" She asked.

"Yes, even though you's are married flowers are a essential." My voice grew thick, overcome with emotion. With all the crap going on in my life, I needed to see someone I cared about happy.

"I remember you saying Alycia likes Peony so get her a bouquet of them she'll love it"

(Picture of peony below)