Chapter 15

(I love you all don't forget that.)

*Perrie's Pov*

When Jade left my panic engulfed me.

"Luke please go with her," I begged him. "Make sure...make sure Jade doesn't do anything rash."

Luke bobbed his head and disappeared into the hall. I looked to Jesy and collapsed onto the floor. She was by my side in an instant, wrapping me in a warm embrace. There were no tears left. I'd cried them all. Now there was only the numbness overtaking me like that day I first saw Zayn.

"Perrie what is it? What's wrong?" Jesy drew back, searching my face for signs that I was more injured than I'd let on.

"Zayn knows where I live." My thoughts tumbled out unfiltered. I sounded hysterical. I probably was hysterical. That didn't matter. I just needed someone to hear me.

"He's been following me. He's crazy."

"I think that's established," Jesy reached up and touched my forehead as if expecting to discover I'd developed a fever.

"I saw him," I confessed in a low voice.

"The first day I was here with Jade. I thought it was my imagination or a coincidence."

"And you didn't tell Jade?" she guessed.

"It upset me, but I dismissed it. Things were over between us. I had no reason to believe..." My words trailed away when I saw guilt flash across Jesy's fair features.

"I saw him, too. Near the flat a few weeks ago. I should have known something was up."

"No," I stopped her. "Zayn was a first class asshole, but there was no reason to suspect he'd gone off the deep end."

"None?" she pushed.

I started to shake my head but then hesitated.

"He called a few times after I broke things off. I hung up on him but oh god he told Jade. Oh god—" a sob racked my chest —"He told her I was pregnant and that I killed the baby."

" You didn't kill the baby Pez it wasn't your fault," Jesy said firmly.

"I...I..." I sobbed.

"Shh it's okay."

"Jade is going to hate me." I cried into Jesy shoulder feeling all the pain coming back from that night.

"No she won't Perrie"

Someone cleared their throat and we both jumped before we saw Luke waiting silently at the door.

"Perrie should rest," he advised.

"I can't leave her alone." Jesy's harsh rebuke caught me off guard.

"Jade is finished. Zayn has been taken into custody, and I doubt Lauren will budge from the front curb all night."

I forced a smile, not wanting to add additional strain to the situation. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Jesy asked, and I could tell she didn't buy my act.

"She will be," Jade said, striding into the room. She offered a hand to Jesy and she scrambled to her feet before Jade scooped me off mine.

"A hot bath and a glass of wine. Lauren sent for something to help you sleep."

"I don't want to sleep." I sounded like a petulant child, but now I understood why children fought the night. They knew that closing their eyes invited nightmares.