g l o w i n g e y e s

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:
I swear to god if y'all IDIOTS do not STOP referencing the GODDAMN FOREST FIC i will NOT HESITATE to delete your comments. PLEASE AND
T H A N K  Y O U.
- sinatra rose xo

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

it was twelve twenty six a.m., and you could see thirteen different colors when you said the word "disengagements". you sat up, you'd been laying in the dark in your bedroom since eight thirty, trying to get a migraine to subside.

everyone else in your house was asleep, and the floorboards creaked a little too loudly when you tiptoed across them, jacket on your shoulders and shoes in your hands. you were headed for the park, the one a few blocks from your family's house, the one with the groves of oak trees that turned gold in the fall and made you think of the way the color red tasted, and the way d flat sounded when it's played on a piano.

you headed for your favorite tree, one close to a street lamp so you could see your notebook on the occasions when you brought it with you.  you were nearly there, and you got a terrible shock when you realized someone was already sitting there.

he looked up from his notebook, surprise in his eyes.

"you're blue!" you said, startled, and he furrowed his brow. blue green.

"excuse me?" he asked, and you swallowed. blue green and wind rushing through pine trees.

"i'm sorry...i meant...i...." you struggled, and came to sit next to him. he smelled like nighttime and up close, his glowing eyes were the soft brown blanket on the couch in your living room.

"i'm tyler." he said, holding out his hand for you to shake. you take it. his hands are blue-green-yellow, a low humming note on a cello. "what's your name?"

you told him. he smiled, soft morning sunshine.

"what a pretty name."

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧