a d d i c t w i t h a p e n

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

"you're purple when you're sad, tyler." you said. he looked up at you, curiosity in his eyes. "really?" he asked, and you nodded. you went silent again, and felt a hand on your shoulder. "are you okay?" he asked, his blanket eyes soft.

"my parents are fighting again. my dad drinks. my mom's cheated on him a few times." you said sadly, and you felt his arm go around your shoulder. "i'm sorry." he said. "how old are you?" he asked after a moment, and you sighed. "twenty two." you said. "me too." he said with a smile.

"i live with my parents too...maybe once we save enough money between the two of us...we could like...share a place. or something." he said with difficulty, his voice covered in alternating shades of purple-grey. you looked up, a slow smile coming to your face.

"that is...a wonderful idea." you told him. he smiled, his diamond pearl teeth shining out at you.

"thank god." he said quietly. "i thought you'd run away screaming." you let out a laugh. "why?" you asked. "because...i've only known you for four days. "

"well, i think you're wonderful." you told him, and he blushed, rose pink and a plucked harp string. "i think you're wonderful too." he said, his arm still around your shoulder.

after awhile, you said you had to go to work. he did too.

"will you be here again?" he asked. you smiled. "of course i'll be here again." he grinned. "see you tomorrow."

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧