l o v e l y

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

tyler and you woke up around 11:30 the next morning to sun peeking through his blue curtains.

blue, just like tyler's heartbeat.

"your heartbeat," you said, and tyler sleepily looked down at you. "what?" he asked, and you were reminded of the night you found him. "your heartbeat is blue." you told him, and he smiled. "what kind of blue?"

"dark. like...royal blue. it's beautiful." you said after awhile, and you looked up to see his eyes sparkling. "i wrote another song for you...i wrote it after the first few times you came to me after you had a fight with your parents. i hate seeing you sad." he said, and climbed out of bed, grabbing his ukulele.

he strummed it gently, the chords making you see a lilac sunset, his golden voice accenting the differentiating shades of purple nicely.

"you say things with your mouth, cobwebs and flies come out, i hear a second voice behind your tongue somehow, luckily i can read your mind, flies and cobwebs unwind, they will not take you down, they will not cast you out, out.

dear friend, here we are again pretending, to understand how you think your world is ending, sending signals and red flags in waves, it's hard to tell the difference between blood and water these days, i'll pray that one day you see the only difference between life and dying is one is trying, that's all we're going to do,

so try to love me and i'll try to save you.

won't you stay alive, i'll take you on a ride,

i will make you believe you are lovely."

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧