n o t t o d a y

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

he found you under your tree the next day, leaning against the trunk as you sat and stared at the sky, purple hooded eyes just staring at the sky.

"are you okay?" he asked, sitting next to you and putting a sunset arm round your shoulders.

"not today." you answered, and he placed a c major kiss on your head, piano note lips lingering there for a long time.

"a record lable called us this morning...me and josh i mean," tyler said slowly, and a strange yellow pang streaks through your stomach as you look up at him. "they want to sign us...and send us on tour in two months with a few other bands."

your heart tore as one half felt like it could fly, pink-orange-yellow euphoria giving it wings.

the other half went purple-blue-black as you realized you'd be left behind, all alone with angry red fists and sharp grey tounges.

"o-oh...." you managed, and tyler's face changed. "what?" he asked, and you choked on a thorny needle sob that velcroed itself into your throat. he understood almost immediately, pulling you into his lap and placing kisses on nearly every place on your face.

"oh baby...." he said, "you silly bean....how could you ever think i wouldn't take you with us?"

and then the velcro sob released like a cloud of purple that turned blue as soon as it hit the cold air, starry f sharp relief entering your veins as tyler held you.

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧