o d e t o s l e e p

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

you were finishing your shift at work when your cellphone buzzed. you pulled it out of your pocket, your stomach dropping at the message on the screen.

message from : tyler💙:  please
                     i need help
                   i don't know where i am
you frowned, worry clouding your vision like dark grey clouds and the taste of copper.

message to: tyler💙: look around, try to find a few good landmarks
             hold on, ty, i'm coming

thank god you could clock out now, you ran out of the little coffee shop you worked at, running to your car (or rather the car your parents let you drive).

your shaking hands struggled to fit the keys into the car's ignition, and your eyes became blurry with tears as you started to panic. to you, tyler was all that was good in the world, and he was quickly becoming your security blanket and your best friend.

and...maybe this blue green boy with the blue-green-yellow cello hands and brown blanket eyes and sunshine smile was becoming something more, and you were scared to death of having him ripped away from you.
you recieved text after text from tyler, sending you a description of where he was. you figured it out eventually, finding the park he described.

"tyler?" you called out fearfully, and you heard someone cry out your name. it sounded purple black, like raw fear and sadness. your feet moved faster until you were running towards the sound of the voice, finding tyler sitting under a tree similar to the one that you and him sat under all the time.

"tyler, hey, hey, hey, it's me, i'm here, okay? oh, ty..." you gasped, dropping to your knees beside him. he looked up at you, his beautiful brown blanket eyes red rimmed and fresh with clearwater tears that shined like glass.

he clutched you close, burying his face in your shoulder as he shook in your arms.

in a voice that sounded purple black and tasted like copper, he whispered,

"they told me i was gone...they told me i was gone."

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧