Chapter 2

Yknow, stars in my philisophy were always free. They seem to have such a long time before they go. Sure theres alot of them but theyre all individual. Kimd of like people. No one is the same. Certainly odd isnt it, but nice in a way. But sadly, in time all good things come to an end.

Kurtis's P.O.V

I watch Alex as she riled up our crazy friends. Shes nuts, even in the worst situations she still manages to ease up tension. Its odd in a way. She has all these different personalities and you never know which will come. She smiled at me, and her blonde curly hair shined a bit in the light, her blue eyes were glowing.  

Unlike most of the kids around our blocks, we dont have parents. We dont want any either. We are like our own little family. We have tiny jobs in restraunts, in exchange for hard work, they give us all the food left over from the day, instead of wasting it. We do not eat the stuff the people ate, we mean like the food that didnt get served. It was weird, but it was worth it. Now all that is over.

I looked over and saw smoke rising, fire rising. The buldings below were smashed, but not all. We need to get out of here. I can hear the screeches of the things, and the screams of their victims. Alex saw it all, and so did I. Luckily, Naomi and Jerry didnt. They were too scared. We saw the blood, felt the bloodlust and fear. We saw the slaughter of people before we made it to the alley. So many things wont be forgotten. WE WERE 14 FOR BLOODY SAKE!

I shook my head out of my thoughts and saw we had already walked a great distance away. The rooftops were connected so we didnt have to jump thankfully for Naomi's knees sake. Naomi has always had bad knees. Theyre weak in the ligaments, and she had surgery on them too, but they still need fixed. If she runs too fast theyll pop out of place. I remember once that happened when we were little. Alex was forced to pop them back in place while Jerry and I held her down and made sure she didnt scream. She was forced to sleep in our hideout until she could walk. We were almost 5, we grew up pretty fast.

"-tis" "-urtis" "KURTIS!" I jumped and flinched harshy out of my thoughts. "Were here" said Alex deadpanning. Sure enough, I looked down and there was our entrance. It was covered up by this giant cement looking block, it could withstand alot of pressure. Its not normal cement, we dont know what it is. Its like indestructable and big but super light. We slid down, very very quietly. We glanced around, we heard no screeching of the ugly things arounf and we quickly piled in the somewhat clean tunnel. Sure we had to bend over a little bit but our hideout is cool.

Alex led the way and we all finally made it there. Naomi sighed in relief and relaxed a bit. Alex spoke "alright, I know we love it here, but we cant stay. Its too risky, plus we will run out of supplies. Hurry, you know our hideout is connected to the train system, they could come at any moment. Take what you need and grab any weapon, knives, bats, who cares as long ask it hits. " that being said we walked off to our rooms

10 minutes later

We all gathered together again. I saw Naomi had a bat on her back connected to a sling. She also had on her jacket and had tiny pocket knives hidden on her, I know cause I saw one in her pocket. She had something in her boot, I dont know what. I looked at her and she smiled and put a finger up to her lips meaning shhh dont say anything.
Jerry had his trusty army knife strapped to his belt loop, if you looked hard enough you can see some tiny knives hidden in his pockets. He had on a black jacket and tennis shoes of course.
Alex looked pretty cool. She had this shiny daggar strapped to her belt, and had tiny little knives hidden I dont know where. She was wearing a waterproof but comfy black jacket, she also had a duffel bag strapped to her. Im guessing it has supplies in there, like food and water.
I was just wearing some jeans with my trusty spiky baseball bat and a dark blue hoodie. She had nails hammered into her and she looked wicked. She could rip a chunk out if she wanted.

We didnt have time to stand around and reminisce for we heard a noise. A very distant screeeech and we filled with fear. Oh no, theyve found us.

Alex's P.O.V

Dread fills my soul at that sound. I know what to do. "Guys we need to act fast. We are taking the secret route, the one that leads to the old house. Please hurry" I spoke quickly, really needing us to leave. They all nodded and started to quickly shuffle quietly. I saw the hatch and we started to run a little. I head another SCREEEEECH but this was closer. "THEYRE IN THE BASE!!" I screamed in my mind, Really freaking out now. Naomi and Kurtis were already climbing up the tunnel, Jerry just slipping in. I heard its scream and it sounded even closer. Just as I was climbing in Jerry squeaked in fear and I looked behind me. Not even 50 feet away was a thing and it looked feral, its boodshot eyes filled with malice and hunger. Fear flooded me and it ran torward me screeching as I wiggled the rest of my way in.

I slammed the door shut just in tme to hear the thing pound on the other side trying to follow us. Jerry climbed quickly and drug me with him up. I was too scared to move, I freaked out again. Too scared. I clenched my eyes closed and I felt someone close their arms around me. They picked me up and I passed out from stress. Darkness enclosing me.