Chapter 13

They say that things hold alot of secrets. Most say that all people hold beauty inside, but sometimes thats a lie. Some people are dark inside and out.

Alex P.O.V

I gasped as a foot lodged itself in my ribs. It had been almost a week since I woke up from my whole coma-ish thing with bastard-guy. Thats my name for him, cause hes a bastard haha get it- ow!

"Hehehe dumb little bitch, I hope you die sometime soon. Destroying you is getting boring." he said, spitting on me and then throwing me into the wall. He walked away with his group of friends and their cackles echoed off the walls.

This place isnt exactly cozy. Its like the sewer cells you see in the movies, except no sewer water. Its dark, and damp. Its so very cold here, my bed isnt as comfy but itll do. Looking in front of me you can see thick iron bars, and its scary here. Im terrified, at night I can hear the walkers screeching. Sometimes even human screams of pain. Im scared, and so so alone. Even though my is as thick as a plastic dining table I still curl up and try to drown out the noises.

I dragged myself up, and I felt liquid in my throat. I swallowed it down tasting a metallic tang in my mouth. Blood. I layed down on my dirty bed and poked myself, checking for broken ribs. I then poked my head, ignoring the pain, and checked for any cracks.

I felt nothing besides 2 broken ribs and maybe internal bruising. Thats less than normal, today must be my lucky day. Usually its a concussion.

"Yay for optimism"

I layed on my back, pulled up ny thin and dirty blanket, and promptly fell asleep. I dreamt of darkness.

...

"AYE BITCH, GET UP. BREAKFEAST!" I jump up hearing last night's assaulter scream at me. I heard a clank and got up once I heard his footsteps fade away. Disgusting. I poked at the disgusting mush. They mightve drugged it, but I dont really care. If I dont eat  theyll just come in and knock me out either way. I shoved the mush in my mouth, and almost gagged at the horrid taste. I just shoved more in and snarfed it down. Hopefully the more I eat the longer I can be passed out. I wont feel any pain. Hopefully.

They only one that showed me mercy was Jessie. She became my friend, and talked to me when she could. There were guards everywhere. I did learn a bit about her, she likes the color brown, she has a son about 2, and he actually looks like me. Blonde curly hair and a baby face. He has beautiful green eyes, though mine are blue. Ive seen a photo of him. Hes beautiful. She also likes spicy food, as does he. His name is Jamison, sweet angel.

Jessie is my savior. She sometimes sneaks me food on the days they decide to starve me. She's so sweet and kind. She reminds me of my family. There are no camras down here, whats the point if the cells are inescapable.

I felt darkness take over my vision and numbness seep into me.

Am I dying from overdose?

Oh well.

....

I screamed as another shock went through me. I was currently tied up attached to wires and tubes. I didnt die sadly, and they ripped me from my mindscape again.

This happens everyday. Wake up, eat, be tested on, be beaten, sleep.

I screamed as another wave of pain went through me. But I didnt cry, I never gave them the satisfaction of seeing me break. It made them so angry, they made the shocks twice as powerful and another scream ripped out of me.

I felt something rip from my leg and saw a scientist cut my leg open with a scalpel. I could see my tendons inside. Oh god no Im gonna be sick.  How long has it been since this started? Seconds? Minutes? Hours? I looked through the glass to see the old bastard man looking pissed. Serves him right. Jessie stood right by him, and they began to argue.

The volt shot up another notch and I heard something sizzle. I looked up, and to my horror, my arm had began to sizzle and burn, the skin bubbling. Bile rose up in me and I looked back over at the glass.

Jessie was absolutely horrified. But the man bastard looked smug. I smirked at him as if saying bring it. That wiped the look off his face and he looked like he was growling. He finally said something, Jessie loomed relieved. I felt the shocking die down, and eventually stop. The shock and stress from this new level of pain took over me, and darkness set in my vision as I finally closed my eyes.

Itll be okay.