Chapter 8

Kurtis P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of shuffling. I groaned from my head pounding and it froze. I felt something touch my head and I snapped to reality. Leaping up I almost collapsed again cause of my jelly legs. My vision blurred but I could see silhouettes. I look around for a weapon in this dark and dirty room. I found none and my vision cleared and I saw a woman in all black pointing a gun at me and people hiding behind her. I felt confusion and I think she saw my expression because she just chuckled.

"Ah so youre finally awake. You look confused"

I stared again and tried to look intimidating. My throat was scratchy. I bumped into something behind me and I jumped and spun around. I saw 3 more beds, each containing one person. Naomi, Jerry, and then Camron. There was a doctor poking him with a needle and other painful things and Camron was snarling at him. I sped over there and ripped the doctor off of him, Camron was restrained by bed restraints and I started to quickly undo them.

"KID, STOP!" the woman screamed. I got Camron's arm free and he helped me try to get his other one free. I was yanked back by strong arms and I struggled. Camron was swiping at the doctors who tried to pin him down.

Naomi leapt up at all the noise and immediately jumped into action. She punched a doctor away from Camron. She then slapped Jerry across the face to wake him up. His eyes opened wide and he immediately began to dive at the people holding me back. I head a crack and knew he broke one of their noses. I felt their hold being ripped away from me and my body ached. Time went still as a gun shot rang out. Right behind me. I felt pure horror, Jerry was behind me. What if..... I turned to see Jerry on the ground being pinned. The woman had her gun in the air and was staring at us intently.

"You guys, better stop it. If you dont put your hands UP, I will BLOW HIS FUCKIN BRAINS OUT" she growled, her voice low and threatening. I couldnt think of a way out. We were pinned. The doctors, everyone, was frozen. I twitched and rose my hands up in the air in surrender. Naomi realeased her grip on a doctor's collar and rose her hands slowly too. The doctor crashed to the floor and scurried away. Camron had all but one foot undone and he glared defiantly but, too, rose his hands.

Well shit.

"Put your hands behind your back"

We did just that. And felt the doctors cuff us, then she did a signal and we all began to walk, leaving behind the dirty room.

We walkes for at least 30 minutes, turning through a maze of hallways and doorways. The entire way was filled with sneezes since it was so dusty and dirty. Finally we got to a room. I looked around while the woman strutted up to the desk in the end but middle of the room. It was a sleek dark wood desk that was littered with papers and alcohol bottles. It smelled slightly of liquor and I saw Naomi scrunch up her nose. She sat in her chait and before us was 4 chairs. She looked dead serious.

"Sit" she hissed, her voice blank and cold.

We sat immediately, starting from left to right its Naomi, Jerry, Camron, then me. I sat on the corner and she began to speak "you do not attack my doctors here, you are lucky you are new, or else's I would've killed you on sight of that"

I could see out of the corner of my eye Naomi and Jerry pale, while Camron stayed emotionless. The woman smirked "So, beast, what are you? Some hybrid? An experiment? A....mistake?" Camron showed emotion at the word "mistake" his eyes showed a fiery hell. He was promising so much pain on her. If you travel with someone who keeps their emotions at bay besides in their eyes, they get easy to read. His eyes showed pure murderous intent.

"You listen and listen good bitch," the men in the room gasped amd she narrowed her eyes at me. I didnt back down. "We dont know you, but you better bippity boppity back the fuck up, cause you dont know us and you dont know our skills, old lady"  I insulted repeatedly while glaring. I didnt waver, and the tension in the room became really thick.

She suddenly laughed and everyone jumped. "Alright you brat, I like you, name's Katrina. Lets get to business. Cmon runts, we got alot to talk about." she got up and began to walk out, and we were forced to follow. Silence followed and I felt anxiety. I felt a pull on my heart, and I knew something was going to happen.

Finally she stopped and lead us each to our rooms, they werent like a cell, they were almost like an asylum but they werent small nor white, they were almost like a bedroom except all the facilities are in one room.

I looked around as the door slammed behind me. Alright, on the left corner was a decent looking matress with white sheets and a white pillow. On the right corner was the bathroom area looking thing with a shower-tub and a toilet. A sink also there. All white.

A few days later

I began to really bond with Katrina, I told her our story and it clicked from there. Shes like another sister. We told her crew our story, now we are all like a big family. Naomi, Camron, and Jerry all liked it here.

Especially Katrina.

Shes like a hurricane, deadly, murdeous, and can be stirred up by something clashing. Apparently she formed this thing when she came across a group of staving, dying people. She took care of them and they are now her main sergeants who swore their lives to her. They now take in wanderers and make them part of them.

I felt off today and snapped out of it when a voice interrupted Me "yo kid, you okay?" I looked up to see Katrina and I nodded. She looked skeptic but let it pass. My brain was so dizzy, I finally just walked to my room and fell asleep.

I woke with a cold sweat and looked around, and heard nothing but silence. It was odd, I felt relaxed even though i ouldnt hear the routine arguing of the family pack outside.

I head a chuckle and looked to the source of the sound. My eyes widened and a tear escaped me. "Hello...again" she smiled at me.

"Alex..."