Chapter 18

Alex P.O.V

"Okay well first I love all of you, and please keep living. Never give up, heal this broken world. but theres something wrong now..."

They were quiet but I knew they were paying attention silently asking 'what'

"... My time here is up. I have to go away now..." I whispered to them. Everything froze and they stood stock still, but a tear ran down their faces. Followed by more.

They were sobbing and guilt ripped at me for keeping this secret, but they cant know.

For their sake.

And Jamison's.

But it was for the best.

Naomi's P.O.V

Why? Why does she have to leave? SHES FINALLY HERE! BUT SHE HAS TO LEAVE! My heart aches and I cant help the tears the flow down my eyes.

Oddly she looks guilty, noo please dont feel guilt Alex! I wanted to say that but no words came out but she looked at me in understanding, like she knew.

I could hear heavy breathing beside me and saw Camron was failing at reeling in his feelings. I jumped at seeing a hand upon his and so did he, but relaxed. It was Alex.

She laughed and it was almost calming, "Hello there, nice to meet you" she stood up straight so he got up, and also stood up straight. She held out her hand, he stared but took it. I smiled at their greeting, she already knew him.

She looked mischevious, uh oh, "yknow, I could help you," he looked at her curiously, "I know youre affected by it. I could take it out, and change you back. Camron, you werent born in a tube, you were a human." she spoke softly, and I saw a tear go down his eye. He nodded and finally looked content.

She stared, but rose a hand to his head. A light appeared, it spread around his head and shone around his body. It was beautiful.

He sighed relaxed and collapsed. I didnt make a move to catch him. He looked so peaceful.

Alex waved her hand in the air and I wondered what was going to happen next.

Beside Jesse a figure shone into view, and it was the little boy. Jessie hugged him fondly, and I tried to study his features.

Throughout the memories, Alex had kept this little boy's identity a secret, and had blurred his face. For why, I dont know. It was mysterious.

I could see Kurtis and Jerry frozen. She did too, and kissed each of their foreheads, both times a lights appeared from her lips for a second, but only I noticed.

She then kissed my forehead, and I sagged at the relief that flowed through me, it felt so amazing.

I cried out as she backed up, and began to fade slowly. NO! SHE CANT LEAVE! "PLEASE NO!" I screamed. I got a soft look in return. "WE LOVE YOU TOO!!" I wailed at her, please stay...

Jessie and Alex stood side by side and slowly faded.

She smiled at us and we cried for her not to go. She whispered "I love you." we all heard it, but we were frozen, not by choice.

She faded away, smiling at us. Dread filled me, fear and lonliness. Shes dead...

Dead....

Our friend...

Our leader...

Our sister...

Dead...

I screamed in agony at the sky, I screamed in pain. I cried out my sorrows and was soon joined by the others.

That night, a beautiful treasured person was lost. Her soul somewhere out there. All that was left of her was a beautiful little flower, and a little boy.

If you were close, or even miles away, you would hear our agonized screaming, our cries of sorrow.

One last time a whispered echoed through the trees, heard by us all, it said...

"Im never gone, Ill always be here...Itll be okay..."