Chapter 16

Alex's  P.O.V

I could hear them pounding on the door. This was pressuring. I have a question though.

"Computer?"

"Yes, What is your inquiry?"

"How many trips can you make in this "teleportation device"?"

Silence for a moment, and then finally "there is enough energy for one human to travel through, although its dangerous to a large extent."

I heard a crack and saw the door hinges were coming loose. Its now or never.

Jamison looked at me "what are you thinking sissy?"

I watched him with sorrowful, determined eyes. I screamed "COMPUTER, SET A COURSE FOR THE OUTSIDE, 4 MILES AWAY FROM HERE, FLAT LAND! I am sending you through, my little Jamison.." I stared lovingly.

"Yes, human. Ready in 30 seconds."

His eyes widened and he screamed out protests, holding my leg with an iron grip. I pushed him up the platform, it was high to where he couldnt get down.

"20 seconds"

I looked at him lovingly even though he cried for me to come with him. "Bubby I cant, Ive been hurt by them. I love you, Jamie. Be brave..."

"10 seconds."

It began to light up.

BAM!

The creatures began to flood in and immediately attack me. I felt so horrible, I could feel my muscles being ripped from me. I didnt scream, for his sake.

5

Jamie began to levitate.

4

My vision faded away.

3

He screamed for me as he floated to the portal.

2

"I LOVE YOU!" I screamed.

1

He was sucked through screaming.

It shut off and I finally let death meet me.

...

I swam around in darkness again.

Darkness? What am I doing here?

....

Kurtis gasped as his view of what happened next was cut off. Alex stood there, not showing him what happened after she died. However the memory still played in her mind, though her group didnt see it. She remembered it like it was yesterday...

....

I, Alex, have made the biggest deal of a lifetime.