Chapter 6

3rd P.O.V

It had been about a week since Naomi's knees were forcefully popped out and back in to place. At first she couldnt even sleep due to the pain and then she finally got used to it. Needless to say, the 3 boys around her were worried but nonetheless had to keep moving. She could walk better now and barely hobbled. However the corpse man Camron thing hybrid carried her when she couldnt walk anymore. Kurtis at first was completely against it, afraid he might snap and kill her at first chance.

Jerry had been slightly changing, Kurtis noticed of course and so did Naomi but kept silent, thinking he needed space. He became detatched a little, not listening and just freezing at times and staring. PTSD was their first thought. It seemed so.

Kurtis hadnt changed much besides being stressed. He was the new temporary leader in things. He wasnt a born-to-be leader but he tried.

Camron.. Gosh hes a mystery to the group. He doesnt act like a zombie oddly. Hes almost like a human except hes like the body guard. He fought off any dead ones that came close to Kurtis's group. He also didnt eat anything weirdly. He didnt rot any and wasnt savage. Except due to the fact they could see the black veins in his skin, that was the only indicator that he was a zombie.

They were all so so worried. Worried about Alex, worried about themselves. So much.

Their skills did increase though. Kurtis was almost like the leader and the brawn. He fought off what Camron couldnt. Jerry was like the backup and he helped Camron protect the group. Naomi is like the brains. She helps set up traps to capture food. She learned about traps after she salvaged a book from the town they found Camron in.

Kurtis P.O.V

Naomi and Camron have been getting along. Oddly. That half dead human thing really is a mystery. I wont dwell on it though. Its been over a month I think since Alex was taken and we started this shitty but purposeful journey. I hope shes alright. "Hopefully shes not.... No! Keep it together, we gotta find her. Find THEM! Do it for Naomi and Jerry. For.. Camron? What would Alex do? Ah Im gonna get a headache from this thinking, BRAIN NEED NOT TO WORK AT THE MOMENT I IS SMART WITHOUT YOU!" Kurtis thought sarcastic at the end.

They caught wind that there was an institution, a safe haven. They were walking through another abandoned town and had taken shelter in a house that was still standing. It had drawn diagrams and sketches of this place. They felt hope. I felt hope. We would have to fight them, I know. But I dont think they could handle it, Jerry and Naomi.

We took the map whomever had drawn how to get there, and were on our way.

A few hours later

We were walking but I was tense. I feel like something is gonna happen. My hairs stood up and I grabbed the handle of my baseball bat. I heard the sound of a silent struggle behind me and immediately swung my bat as hard as I could. I heard a crack and a pop and the ripping of flesh as I saw that there had been someone who had their hand over Naomi's mouth. I whacked their head clean off and thats when hell erupted.

3rd P.O.V

The group heard war cries and immediately it was a war zone. Naomi and Jerry stabbed whoever they could and Camron ripped their limb off when he sunk his teeth in them. Kurtis swung again and his nails in his bat took off another head of a woman. Another kill except it looked like their numbers finally were going down. They werent organized. The head flew and hit another stranger who was fighting Camron. It hit the stranger and she shrieked. The attack eased up and Kurtis felt a searing pain on his side. HE GOT CUT! He looked to who cut him and saw a burly man twice his size smirk in malice and get ready to attack Naomi who was fighting 2 people her size. Jerry jumped at the man's feet and got him to stumble while Kurtis leapt around his arms, the man kicked Jerry in the head and Camron jumped on his back, sunk his teeth in the guys neck, and ripped out his jugular.

The blood splattered everywhere and the dead man's allies screamed. His blood squirted out of severed veins. Camron looked at them while he spit out the piece of flesh in his mouth. He looked like pure darkness full of malice and murder. He let out a mighty SCREEEEEEAAACHHH!! They screamed as he leapt at them and they ran. Terrified for their lives.

Kurtis and his group panted in exhaustion. Even Camron. They all collapsed after at least an hour of fighting nonstop and they saw the dead bodies around them. Naomi shook horribly, realizing what had been done. She killed someone. Camron looked indifferent, but took to standing close to Naomi for a type of comfort for her. Jerry was a different case, he looked completely emotionless. Completely empty. The only problem is that Jerry didnt kill amyone, sure he may have injured them but they bled out.

Kutis looked at them worriedly, but decided to shake it off. They needed to solve this themselves. This was an internal struggle. He knew they needed to get used to it. He tried to block out his thoughts of worry about Alex. Those evil people could be doing anything to her. Its horrible. The pain in his side made itself known and he sighed, and began to patch himself up.

A few more hours later

It was finally night time. Camron kept watch, since of course, he didnt need to sleep. Kurtis felt something in his pocket and rmemebered. The old house the found the map and The diagrams. He had snooped around a bit more and found this file labelled TOP SECRET. Of course, Kurtis took it. He grabbed a stick that had fire burned on the end out of the fire pile and used it as a light. Naomi and Jerry were on the ground using thin sleeping sheets to lay on. Out cold. Good. Camron shuffled and watched him but kept on the look out.

Kurtis P.O.V

I shuffled out the paper and unraveled it. It was like a giant file. I turned to page 1 and wasnt prepared to be as shocked as I was by its contents. I began to read.

The Secret Project

Initiated by: R.C. Corp.

To whomever reads this,

If anyone ever reads this in the future it means I am dead. It also means the corporation suceeded in their efforts. Please understand, I didn't wish this upon society. They did it for reasons unknown. However I was a staff worker there.

In this file there are many secrets about this corporation. Mamy being the experiments the performed "for a better purpose" I was disgusted, but forced to do what they say. They found a virus, one that attacks everything in the body except the host doesnt die. The host will then attack anything that isnt infected like itself. There are no known zombies who act human, though it is a possibility. I was forced to watch test after test of these things tearing up everything and slaughtering what they could find.

This horrible place has done experiments for many years. They planned the end of the world, for what purpose I do not know. There is the leader, we dont know his name, but he goes by R. He his a nasty man from the rumors spread by the workers.

I have left you everything I know, I beg of you, please stop this. They have an antivirus. It could be spread to the world. Please do this for humanity. Their lives rest on you. I apologize for doing this on short notice. Please. Stop them. Stop R. Do what I could not. Theyre in a hidden base. Just look for the metal hatch, in between crevices.

The best of luck,

  xxxx

I couldnt breathe. This was too much, his hands began to shake. I tried to process this. Very slowly it worked into his mind. Maybe they took Alex? I could already feel the migraine. I looked up and saw the sun already rising. He had been reading that long? And that was just page 1, Wow I mustve been spaced out. He felt no drowziness though. Only fear for whats to come. Oh god, what did they get themselves in to?