Chapter 14

I was stuck in my head. I dont know how long its been. Minutes? Days? I dont know. I dont really care. At least here I dont feel pain. But theres a problem.

Im so so alone.

I hope my family is doing okay.

I felt a tugging at my mind and sighed. Damn it, Im not dead.

I squinted as my eyes opened. I hissed "the liiighhhtsss..." I'm the new dracula apparently. Hehe..

I saw a blob of red and waited for my vision to clear up.

Oh its just Jessie. Oh shit...she looks pissed.

I tried to move but I was stiff. I grunted and moved around. I gasped as a flash of pain went through me.

Jessie whacked me on the head "Be still. Youve been passed out for 24 hours for gods sake!" I just shrugged at this and she stared.

I closed my eyes but opened them when something blocked the lights and towered over me. It was Jessie. I was confused but saw tears in her eyes.

Something liquid dripped on my forehead. She began to sob "Oh Alex you absolutely stupid child! How could you not care that you almost died?! They tried three times to restart your heart. They shocked you so bad your heart stopped beating and your arms suffered burns. Oh god and your leg... I saw it all! It was so horrible! So so horrible-" and she began to sob harder.

I was in shock, my eyes were wide. Not because I died but because the strong fiery red head I knew was breaking down right in front of me.

I stayed silent and let her cry it out. I shhhhed her softly until she was just hiccuping. She cried a little more, breaking my heart but started to babble "Youresosweetandicaresomuchandyourelikeadaughtertome-"

"Hold up." I said cutting her off, "Just calm down, Im alive arent I? Right here?" I gestured to myself.

She just smiled, her face was flushed and splotchy.

I laughed, even though that hurt and said "you look like a wreck." and she smirked.

"Yeah cause you!"

We laughed and it felt perfect for a moment.

...

Lols they threw me back in my "room". I dont really mind it down here. The guards cant touch me until I'm healed though. Another perk. Apparently the doctors said I'm off limits for everyone except Jessie. Thats good anyways, shes pretty bad ass.

My ears perked up as I heard footsteps. The familiar patch of red hair popped up behind the bars and I smiled.

It dropped a little when I saw her face. Why is she scared?

"Whats wrong?" I couldnt help but ask.

"Alot of things, Alex."

"Jessie?"

"Alex, something is gonna happen. Something bad."

"Oh you mean besides living in this hell these past few months?" I tried to joke, noting the now serious atmosphere.

"No, Alex. The guy you dubbed "Bastard-man" is my boss. And he wants you dead."

Huh, thats new. Didnt expect that. Note the sarcasm there, heh.

"Well, Jess, I already knew that." I didnt care, she would be better without me anyways. Her and her sweet boy.

She was going to repond but the loud slam of a door resounded. She jumped up and ran to the noise. I heard a punch, then a thump, then nothing.

I screamed and started to punch the bars of the wall. I didnt register the pain nor the footsteps running torwards me.

"Jessie? JESSIE!! WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

I screamed and thrashed as the men held me down. "NO! NO WHERE IS SHE?! JESSIE!"

My screaming died down as they injected something in my neck. I tried to fight off the darkness but collapsed.

Itll be okay.