Chapter 10

I know that bad things could happen to anyone. You could lose something precious at any moment. Like a person. If you lose someone special, its not losing them, cause theyre still there with you. Forever. Some way, some how theyre still there.

Kurtis P.O.V

God we are so close, after 2 more days of walking we were at least 5 miles away now. So very close. It was dark now, and we were still in the jungle. We all couldnt sleep tonight. I could tell we were all thinking the same thing. We were all worried about Alex.

I hear the wind pick up and the trees whisper. The leaves rustle and the trees slightly sway. I hear a faint chuckle almost giving me a heart attack. We all get into a defensive position. Petals of purple swirled around us in a circle, and we were in the middle. It would be pretty if not for the situation.

I almost drop at my bag starting to jerk and twist. Suddenly the box flipped out and opened up, revealing the flower the vines gave to me. Its beauty began to shine bright and it grew large. Its petals spread out and a light shone above it. A figure began to form and we all gasped at who it was.

"Alex" we all gasped. Tears slid down our faces and she stepped off the flower and extended her arms. We all leapt at her, except Camron and began to sob into her shirt. I felt her arm move and I knew she gestured over Camron. We all backed off as she rubbed his shoulder and he sagged, finally relaxed.

"Really guys?" she narrowed her eyes playfully at us. We looked at her confused through our tears. "You really thought you were alone? That I wasnt truly here? God have ye little faith? Youre never alone." she giggled at the end and we felt all our stress leave us. "What happened to you? How are you here? With us?" Jerry cried out.

Her face became solemn and she spoke softly "I died, I am here because I died." Naomi burst into tears and began to scream "NO! I WONT BELIEVE IT! PLEASE NO!" she sobbed out and Jerry began to silently cry. Camron looked at Alex with sorrow and I felt my heart die along with the rest of them.

"How?"

She looked at me in surprise and said "You dont want to know, Kurtis. At all. Its something that should never be seen." I narrowed my eyes and so did she. "Youre crazy, dumbass, always doing stuff thatll hurt you." she told me. I smirked at that and said "But I didnt sacrifice myself to save others." She winced and I felt a pang. Douchebag move Kurtis. She then smirked, "touché" "thanks". "Hn, well I wouldnt have changed it for anything. You look well. And also look at- Jerry I can see it on your face. Dont ask about the plant." Jerrys face drooped and Naomi snickered.

I smiled. We were a family again. Together like old times. I missed this so much. Alex caught my stare and saw my warm look. Her eyes were shining with happiness, like she hasnt seen us in forever. She basically hasnt though. She looked up and her eyes widened a little before smirking. I saw exactly what she was looking at. Camron. Oh god, here we go.

"And who might you be, hm?" Camron's eyes widened at the question and he relaxed a little. Naomi rolled her eyes. He spoke out again, his voice low "Camron" Alex just smirked for the millionth time and I watched this exchange. They looked like they were mentally communicating as they stared into each others eyes. He finally nodded and she sighed in relief. We looked confused but she shook her head. Time seemed frozen in this perfect moment. A warm night in the forest, starry skies and the feeling of being relaxed. Happy.

"Yknow, you guys need to run. I am dead. Dont chase after me. I dont care about my body, and you shouldnt see it. Youll die in there. Just turn around now. Go back to the hurricane lady. Im not important." My jaw dropped at that nickname. "YOU WERE THERE?! IN OUR DREAMS?! ALEX WHAT THE FUCK?" she cursed, realizing what she said. "Erm...not exactly. That was like a connectional being made in my mind. She spirit walked and found you guys. It REALLY WAS a sick dream in a way, so she wasnt lying. That was like a piece of my soul. Not me but me. Get it?" she took a big gulp of air after the huge explanation. We all stared dumbfounded.

She snickered. She put her hand behund her back and pulled her arm in front again. She out something in my hand and I looked down in surprise. It was a book. "Its my journal. Read that shit and stuff yknow. Youll understand someday."

When she said that, thats when I snapped back to my question from earlier. "Show us what happened to you." she again, narrowed her eyes and said "no, you cant take it."

We all snorted at that and looked at her challengingly. She stared back. She broke the contact after a minute.

"Fine."

"Get up, and stand in a circle around me." We did as told. The ground rumbled as the plants covered us in a dome. Glowing plants were used as lights as we looked at Alex.

Her eyes became black as she said "Are you sure youre ready? This contains many horrors mankind couldnt bear to face." we all nodded, purely determined. She began to move handsigns and darkness swirled around us. She chanted and we began to faint. As the darkness set in we all heard her say two words.

"Be strong"