20

{Hallie}

Harper is going to start therapy, and mom and dad have been on edge. It has been another week of school and me and Jess are growing closer. "Hey mom, Can I go to Jess's house?"

She bit her lip "I-I don't know." She had been very on edge now. "Mom, I'm not Harper..."

   "I know that baby..." then dad walked in. "Dad, a little help please?" I begged. "Bebé solo déjalo, ella estará bien." He sighed, (baby just leave it, she will be fine)

I smiled and hugged him "thanks daddy!" Then Demi sighed, "be home in 4 hours!" She yelled as I ran out of the house and the few blocks to his house. He lives with his foster mom well soon to be mom because he is going to get adopted. Well anyways, he lives with his foster mom, and aunt, and the moms bestfriend and then her daughter and 2 other boys. It's crazy, "Hi Mrs. Fuller." I smiled "Hey darling! Jess is upstairs." She smiled opening the door and letting me in "thank you." I took off my shoes and ran up the stairs "Jess?" I called out "my room."

I went into his room "heyo!" I smiled. "Hey smiley!"

"What happened to your room?" I asked looking the mess. "Oh- nothing."

"Wanna play Mario kart?" I asked, "sure." We sat on his bed and began playing Mario kart. "Your so bad!" I laughed. "Take that back!" He called out. "No way!"

At first I thought he was joking but all of a sudden it changed. He grabbed my wrist yanking the remote out of it "ow! Jess! That hurts!" I cried, hen pulled my wrist tighter and pulled me closer to him. "Take.it.back."

"Alright I'm sorry!"

He let go, and I was terrified. "Listen, Hallie. I'm sorry. I-I have a mental illness and-" I softly smiled "its okay, it's not your fault." He then gave me a hug, we then began playing Mario kart again and then I looked at my phone "oh-hey I got to go. My mom said I needed to be home 5 see you tomorrow?" I asked. "Yeah sure." We hugged again and I left I looked down at my wrist and it was bruising and red. I was terrified in that moment, but it's not his fault. Once I arrived home I smelled burning pizza. "What the heck?" I ran into the kitchen and saw black smoke coming from the oven. "Oh my gosh!" I threw open the oven and flames came out, "Mom! Dad!" I yelled.

I grabbed the fire extinguisher and put out the fire as Demi came running down the stairs. "Oops.." she smirked, I looked at the mess and giggled. "You forgot about the pizza?"

Her soaking wet hair dripped on the floor and she held the white towel to her body. "I told Harper to take it out when the timer went off."

"Where is she now?" I asked, Demi looked around "I don't know. Bed room maybe, we can go out for food after I get dressed."

I nodded and then her phone went off as she was turning around to walk back to her room. "Oh- can you hand that to me?"

I grabbed the phone and handed it to her "what-what the fuck happened to your wrist?" She grabbed my wrist with her other hand rotating it, "me and Jess played red rover with his foster siblings." I lied. She looked at me "promise?"

Since I never lied this was easy "I promise." I looked at her straight in the eyes and she nodded "okay, we'll go upstairs and get Harper we are going out to get food." I nodded and went upstairs along side Demi. She went into her room and I went to harpers, "Harper?" I asked knocking on the door. "W-what?" She asked. Her voice sounded hoarse, "are you crying?" I asked opening her door, "no! Get out!" She snapped slamming her door in my face "woah! Chill! Mom just wanted me to tell you we are going out to eat chill!" I snapped back,

We pulled up to an Italian restaurant, "moms there's paparazzi." I said, I turned to Harper who is in the backseat on her phone. "We can just run in."