39

{ Hallie }

All of the family has come over to do all the work, Demi and Guilherme have to pick out the outfit Harper will be buried in and her casket. It's been hella crazy at my house. I'm right now smoking weed in the backyard praying no one will come out. I thankfully got my cast off so now I'm just in a splint. School starts in 3 weeks and honestly I don't want to go but I have to so I can have a future.

"Hallie!" I heard someone scream my name, "what!?" I snapped back quickly putting out my blunt. I was obviously high but it looks like I've been crying. "Edith's parents are here, and your dads grandparents arrived!" The voice I found to be Madison called out. "Okay." I sighed, I'm tired of people.

I sprayed some perfume on myself, and walked inside. Everyone was getting dinner ready, Demi wasn't here because she was with Marissa at her therapist. "Hi." I smiled hugging Edith's parents, and then I hugged my grandparents. "Hey baby." My grandpa smiled obviously fake.

"Um, if you need me I'll be upstairs." I said, dodging the crazy amount of people. I sighed and went under my my bed grabbing a cigarette, I opened my window and lit it inhaling and releasing. I knew I said I would get better for Harper but I cant start now.

Then my door opened "Hallie?" It was a husky voice I recognized as Wilmer, "what do you want Wanda?" I spat. "What do you think your doing?" He asked walking to me and taking the cigarette out of my mouth. "Excuse you!?" I snapped, "your 14 are you crazy?" He put it out.

"And your what 50?" I rolled my eyes shutting my window. "Hey, listen. I didn't come here's to lecture you but cut it with the attitude, and the smoking. Your mother is going through so much right now and she definitely doesn't need you to be smoking. I get it, you lost your sister okay? But that doesn't mean you can shut yourself out and have an attitude-" he tried to say but I cut him off.

"No! You don't know what I'm going through, did you see your sister or someone you love get hit by a fucking car and then dragged down the street? NO! You didn't, Demi is getting the help she needs everyone in this house is here for Demi and Guilherme, I was in Harpers life what? less than a year? No one cares to ask me how I am, or care to talk to me, or anything! I'm pretty sure everyone here thinks her death is my fault!" I yelled.

"No one here thinks her death was your fault Hallie- you do. Your the only person who thinks it's your fault. Everyone in this house is here for everyone, Harpers death is not only affecting you- so stop making this about yourself, and cut this hard ass act and be downstairs." He said strict, "Get the fuck out of my room Wanda." I yelled, he walked out of my room "I FUCKING HATE YOU WANDA! I WISH IT WAS YOU!" I slammed my door and locked it. I felt like I was suffocating, I paced around my room with my hands in my hair gasping for air.

I needed a release, I needed it fast. I had no cocaine so I grabbed a cigarette and lit it, I inhaled and released as that didn't too much. I needed more, I walked around my room with the cigarette in between my fingers gasping for air. I have an air freshener that goes off every 2 minutes, so it was helping with the smell. I finished the cigarette and threw the bud out of my window, leaving the window down to help air the smell. My anxiety was just eating me alive right now.

It was all you...

Harpers dead because of you

Demi and Guilherme are going to hate you

You better say bye bye because they are reversing your adoption

You should have been in front of that car not her

Everyone would be so much happier!

"Shut up!" I yelled, I slammed opened my bedroom door and ran down to Demi's and Guilherme room.

{ Demi }

I just arrived home and I saw Wilmer and gave him a hug, "Demi- Hallie was smoking a cigarette in her room." He broke, "what? No that can't be-" I said in disbelief. "Guilherme went to go to the store, so I couldn't tell him." He said, just then I heard a door slam and running. I sighed "I'll be right back. Thank you Wilmer."

I walked upstairs with Wilmer behind me, "Hallie?" I called out. I walked to her room and saw her door opened and a cigarette pack on the floor, I sighed hard and then looked around and realized she was in my room.

I panicked a little more and walked in and saw Hallie with an open bottle of pills sobbing. "Oh my-" I gasped, I ran to her and grabbed her and her quiet sobs were now loud and warily. I sat on the ground with her in my cars, I took the bottle and saw that it was my anxiety medicine. Wilmer looked at me with desperate eyes, "Baby did you take any?" I asked with tears. I rocked her back and forth and she clung on to my shirt "N-No! I wa-wanted- them-them to-to STOP!" She sobbed, I rubbed her back "Wanted what to stop?" I asked, "the-the-the voices! Mom, they wouldn't stop! They won't stop!" She screamed, I looked at Wilmer "should I call someone?" He whispered and I shook my head 'no'

I quickly panicked and just started singing 'NightinGale'

"I can't sleep tonight
Wide awake and so confused
Everything's in line
But I am bruised
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero
Is it you?

I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me
I know you're there
You could be my sanity
Bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale

Somebody speak to me
'Cause I'm feeling like hell
Need you to answer me
I'm overwhelmed
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I need a star to follow
I don't know

I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me
I know you're there
You could be my sanity
Bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale

I don't know what I'd do without you
Your words are like a whisper come through
As long as you are with me here tonight
I'm good

Can you be my nightingale?
Still so close
I know you're there
Oh, nightingale
You sing to me
I know you're there
'Cause baby you're my sanity
You bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale

Oh
Mm, mm
Mm"

I had finished the song then I looked at my daughter who was now asleep. I picked her up and laid her on my bed. I then put the blankets on her and cleaned up the pills. I went to Wilmer and hugged him, "she'll be okay nena."

I nodded and then walked downstairs "what happened?" My mom asked, "I think it's all hitting her now. I'm going to take her to my therapist." I said, I saw Edith's mom, Raeli. "Raeli-" I smiled and she went and hugged me and I saw her oldest daughter Taylor as well. "You didn't have to fly all the way here." I softly smiled, "No, you were there for me when I needed it the most."

-----------------------------

So I'm probably going to skip writing the funeral because It's really hard to write emotionally.

Who's excited for the new Disney channel show 'Ravens Home' bc I am omfg

Comment & Vote