31

{ Hallie }

After our day with Lexie it was a lot of fun, we got our nails done, went to the Zoo, the park, then milkshakes. We gave her a present and then we went back to the hospital and said our goodbyes and went back to the hotel, "do you think Harper is okay?" I asked, I felt bad she missed out on today."she is fine, I'm really mad at her." Demi spoke,

"I know I'm sorry." I sighed, "don't be sorry." Then She gave me a side hug, we got out and Demi handed me my crutches "okay kiddo time to go to be and tomorrow we will be in Texas for a month." We went up to the hotel room and Demi opened the door and the smell of puke just hit me in my face, "Guilherme?" Demi asked, "Um- Harper just started throwing up profusely about 10 minutes ago and- it's bloody." He panicked as he opened he bathroom door to Harper, "it hurts!" She cried,

She looked horrible, "um- Guilherme what if she has appendicitis?!" Demi asked, "We need to get her to the emergency room!"

"Hallie- call down to the front desk for the closet emergency room!" Demi panicked as she went to Harper, I nodded and crutched to the phone,

"Hello? What's the closest emergency room?"

"Do you need us to call an ambulance?"

I looked to my mom "mom? Do we need an ambulance?"

They looked at eachother and nodded "uh yes can you get one? For room 514."

They sent us an ambulance and they took Harper and Demi went with her and me and Guilherme followed behind In our car. "She's going to be okay right dad?" I asked, he looked at me "yes, baby girl she will be."

We got to the hospital and we were in a hospital room, "Hey sweetie, can you please show me where your stomach hurts?" A doctor asked, she nodded in her tears and made a motion around her belly button area and lower stomach. The doctor nodded "She's never had any previous stomach pains?"

"No ma'm."

The doctor nodded, "she isn't tender around her appendix, so I would  like to run some tests."

Demi nodded "okay,"

"I want an Ultrasound, Blood Test, a CT, and a Fluoroscopy." An intern nodded and they left. "So this is going to be a long night kiddos." Demi lightly laughed,

6 hours later and it's about 1 AM, Harper is asleep and so is Demi. They did all the tests and were waiting on results. I'm just softly watching tv

"Lovato family back in the hospital, and on Vacation, what's going on in that family? We have video of Demi and Guilherme arguing are they getting a divorce, is this affecting their daughters?" Then a video of my parents in the backyard arguing showed up, oh my gosh "mom!" I roughly pushed her awake and she shot up "what what?"

"Look on tv! Are you getting a divorce with dad?!" I asked, she let out a laugh and then cut it short. "What the fuck?" She stood up and read the subtitles then looked around and grabbed the remote. "No, we aren't getting a divorce we are very happy together." She smiled then she softly chucked the remote at Guilherme, "huh?" He Yankees sitting up, "were happy right babe?"

She cocked an eyebrow "of course love, I love you more than Hallie loves gymnastics." He chuckled, Demi walked over and gave him a kiss "see? We are happy there is no divorce and you can't listen to those tv shows. They are fake and don't know what they are talking about."

Then a doctor came in "I'm so sorry for the wait, the tests took a little longer to get back but we have good news." The doctor closed the door and Demi sat back down, "there is nothin seriously wrong with Harper, she has a condition called Functional Abdominal Pain."

"And that is?" Guilherme asked, "It's pain that is not caused by physical abnormalities, and abnormal contractions in the intestines and overly sensitive nerves in the gastrointestinal tract cause the abdominal pain. The perception of pain is thought to involve input from both the nerves in the GI tract and the processing of these signals from the brain. As a result, psychological stress, anxiety or depression may provoke pain episodes. The pain may also occur without an obvious cause."

"So she will live with this forever?"

The doctor nodded, I still had no idea what she had but I known she is going to have random pain episodes. "You can help the pain episodes by dietary modifications, limit caffeine, chocolate, fried food, gas- producing vegetables, greasy foods, high - fat foods, spicy foods, tomato-based products. Like pizza, spaghetti with sauce, ketchup etc, and stress reduction, also I'm prescribing a medicine called Antispasmodic to help decrease abnormal contractions in the GI tract and prevent pain or relieve pain."

Holy crap, what is she supposed to eat then? Demi looked as if she was going to cry, and Guilherme just was in shock. "I'm going to get the discharge papers and you can take her home."

---------------------------

Comment & Vote

Short chapter but it's important!!!

Sorry for the wait I'm busy with physical therapy, and stuff like that and I'm back from Africa and my hospital internship that I've talked about before starts this week :)) !!