51

*Demi pov*

We both woke up, and I decided to go to the local Starbucks. "Hallie, you wanna come with me? We really need to talk." I asked, she sighed and nodded. I got dressed in fabletic leggings and a crop top, Hallie about did the same. We grabbed sun glasses and I got Madison's and Dallas order for Starbucks.

  "So, What do you wanna talk about?" Hallie asked as we walked down the street. "How long have you been cutting?" I asked. "Well, that was really the first time. I'm not gonna do it again- it really hurt." She looked down at her feet. "Why did you feel the need to do it?" I asked, I walked closer to her.

"You."

She played with her hands,

"And dad, hitting you- yelling- you cheating on dad- it's all too much. The word got out and you guys are too wrapped up in your own little world and the bullying hasn't and doesn't stop. I was alone, and it was the only way that I felt like I was something. I don't know- it was dumb." She looked down, "it's not dumb, it's serious baby. Self mutilation isn't dumb or something just to be forgotten- i will be here to help you and I'm always going to be here no matter what, but you have to let me help you." I said,

We walked into starbucks, and I immediately recognized the Cashier. It was Riley, the girl who saved me. "Devonne?" She smiled as it was our turn. "Hallie, go get us a seat, Okay?"

"Mkay mom."

Then she left, I knew her order so it was fine. "Hey Riley. I didn't know you worked here."

"I didn't know you had a daughter." She laughed, I guess we didn't know because we had like a 3 minuet conversation. "Uh, yeah I do. Haha she's 14 about to turn 15."

"Awesome, well what can I get ya to drink?"

I give her all the orders that I thankfully wrote on my phone because if not, I'd definitely forget. "I wrote something on it for you." She winked, she handed me the receipt. She wrote her number down, how clever. I smiled at her and went to Hallie, "who's that?" She asked. "Some girl I met yesterday."

She nodded, "Anything you want to talk about?" I asked. "Are you scared? Did dad mentally scar you or something."

I sighed, "I meant want to talk about anything else?"

She shook her head no, "Okay."

After 5 minuets, they finished our drinks and I gracefully got up and got them. No one realized it was me so i was so thankful for that. We walked back to the house, and I saw him sitting on the driveway.

"Hallie go inside." I said firmly, "mom- no." She debates. He saw me and was obviously drunk so this was not going to end up good. "No! Go inside!" I spat a little harsher then i intended. "Fine."

"How did you find me?" I asked, "how could you be dumb, running away to your parents?" He slurred, "I-I knew you wo-would run here-like a little bitch." He spat, "Guilherme stop- you told me to leave. So I did, why did you come here." I asked keeping a distance. "Because! You took my daughter!" He roared making me shiver, "you would just hit her! So of course I took her!" I yelled, he scoffed. "You think- I would touch my daughter?"

"Well I mean you hit me, so who's to say you wouldn't hit her?" I spat, "because you deserve it! Demi! You fucked up our life's! Some people deserve to be hit!" He roared, "shut up! Your going to cause the neighbors to come out!" I whispered with tears threatening to fall. He rolled his eyes, "just go back to LA, and leave me alone!" I yelled, I turned around and he grabbed my wrist turning me around fastly. "Ow! Please- stop!"

"Listen to me."

"Like your giving me much of a choice." I spat harshly. His grip tightened. "You reek of alcohol."

"No fucking shit Demi. You've caused me to drink, why haven't you had a sip yet? Oh yea that's right your 'sober' you 'dont drink'" he laughed, "well you drank that night you fucked ODELL!" He screamed, the tears fell. "I hurt demi! You caused it all!"

"I get it! I fucking get it! I caused it all, you don't think I don't know that!" I screamed, I started thrashing my hand around trying to get out of his grip. As I focused on my hand I didn't realize Guilhermes other hand balled in a fist coming at me, he punched me square in the cheek/nose and let go causing me to fall backwards. "Fuck!" I yelled covering my nose.

"I hate you Demetria! Your nothing but a no good slut!" He got down on top of me, I was begging to god that it would end soon. That magically Hallie would come out or my dad or someone. He continued to throw punches, I was fighting him so hard but he was just too much. I dodged some hits and his fists collided with the ground, "GET OFF!" I screamed so someone would definitely hear.

He got one good hit in on my side then all his weight just released off my body. I gasped for air and flipped my body over so my hands were helping me up as I spit up blood. "What the hell!?" I heard a deep voice, it was my dad.

"Oh fuck no!" He screamed, he ran to Guilherme to just began beating him. It started to blur, and I was helped up and I was just sobbing. "Call 911!" The voice called out. It was Riley.

*riley*

I just got off of work, and I saw that Devonne had left her wallet on the counter. But her first name is actually Demetria and Devonne is her middle name. I used her license to get to her house so I could return it to her.

I drove down the street and I saw a fight happening on someone's front lawn. I got closer and realized it was a guy beating on a girl. I parked across the street and heard the girl screaming. I ran to the guy and with full force threw myself at him. He was under me "how dare you beat on a girl!" I yelled, then some dude came at me and picked me up and beat on him,

I went to the girl and she was in horrid shape, "oh my god- Devonne." I gasped. "Come on stand up." She was sobbing, "h-Hallie." I remembered her name, "help me." We stood her up and got her into the house. Well some other woman called police, we set her on the couch. "I-I-I can't breathe!" Devonne- Well demi gasped. She was just freaking out, "Devonne, Listen. Listen you okay? You can breathe, your having a panic attack. Just calm down." I grabbed her and she laid her head down on my chest, "breathe. The paramedics are on there way." I didn't mind all the blood getting on me.

I didn't know this girl, but I can tell we are going to be good friends. She's absolutely beautiful though, I couldn't get her to calm down in time so she passed out on me. "Devonne." I panicked, "Uh- she passed out."

Then a guy walked in a little bloody "we're gonna need two ambulances."

———————————

Wow,
Okay,
Serious shit going down, and who's this Riley girl?? She's like Superman or something.

Comment & vote
Rest In Peace Avia ❤️