T w e n t y T w o

*Denis' p.o.v*
"hey, where are you?" I asked Elizabeth's voicemail. For the fifth time. I groaned and set my phone on the counter and walked into the back lounge where everyone was. Kamryn looked at me, silently wondering if I got ahold of her. I shook my head and turned away, ignoring her frown.
"Is Liz still gone?" Ben snapped, jealousy evident in his words. I signed and nodded.
"she better be getting back soon, the bus will be heading out soon." James said, playing the Playstation with Sam.
A couple of minutes passed of tense silence, until the door opened. Ben was the first one to get up, I followed suite. The sight I saw made me bite my tongue.
Elizabeth was clearly messed up. Her hair in a messy bun, now starting to fall out. Her face is pale and gaunt with dark circles under her eyes. There is marks all over her neck, making my insides boil. She looks at us and spreads a lazy smile.
"hey guys!" she says. No one smiles at her and she frowns. "what's the m-"
"where were you?" I asked her. "I have called you multiple times!" I try not letting my anger show. She frowns and makes her way to me, hugging me.
"I'm sorry" she groans into my shirt. By this time, Ben has made his way into the back, probably grumbling to the lads.
"you really freaked me out. Are you okay?" I asked, ignoring her neck as best as I can.
"I feel weird." she said, wrapping her arms around me, her fingers twitching against my neck.
"what happened?" I asked, pulling away enough to look into her eyes. They're dilated and restless as she tries to keep them on me.
"i-i can't remember. Everything kinda blanked out." she whispered, I lead her to the table.
"where did Alex go?" I asked as we sat down. She shrugged.
"he dropped me off." she said looking down and picking at her skin. So that's what happened. I pulled her hand away and held it in my own. I can feel her heartbeat hammering against my palms.
"so" I said, leading my other hand to the spots on her neck, "what's this?" I asked. She quickly bobbed her head.
"I'm sorry." she said weakly, leaning on me.
"no need." I mumble, lightly tracing shapes into her hand, feeling her heartbeat slow.
After what seemed like a lifetime, her twitching started to cease. Kamryn walked out from the lounge and sighed.
"Ben is fairly upset at you, Liz" she said as she sat down. "he's like a bitch on her period, I swear it." she rolled her eyes. Elizabeth let out a light chuckle.
"I'm going to talk to him." she said, getting up and heading to the back. When she was out of view, Kamryn sighed.
"I don't know how to keep up with her." she said chuckling, I nod in agreement.
"she is on something." I told her after a while. "she can't remember. She also had a bit too much fun with Alex." I sneered, keeping the venom out of harms way. Kamryn let out a groan and cursed under her breath.
We continued to talk until the bus started to drive to our next place. I slowly got up, stretching my tired bones and told her that I'm going to call in for the night.
As I made my way to my bunk, I see Elizabeth standing in the bunk area. When she sees me she smiles, something I haven't seen in a while, making my heart jump.
"everything okay?" I asked Elizabeth. She nodded, making her way towards me.
"would I be able to bunk with you?" she asked me. "the driving makes me feel sick when I'm alone." she said looking at her hands. I smile, glad to hear that something makes her want to be near me.
"of course, I'm just about to get ready for bed." I told her, moving past to get into the restroom. I quickly did what I needed and then made my way to my bunk, waiting for her to get ready.
After a moment of me laying in bed, there was weight on the other side of the bed. Small hands snaked their way around me, hugging tightly. I chuckle and turn towards Elizabeth, keeping myself in her grip. Her eyes reflect the light from the crack in the curtain.
"hi." she whispered. I smile and bring my face to hers, lightly kissing her forehead.
"hi." I replied. Her heartbeat quickened it's pace as she looked up at me, biting her lip. "let's get some sleep, yes?" I said, before she does anything she regrets.
She nodded her head and melted into me, soon falling into nothing but deep breaths and mumbles. I lightly kissed her eyelids, careful not to wake her.
"I love you" I whispered to her, slowly falling into a dark dream.

Omg finally I finished this lol. I haven't been able to write or publish because I broke my phone, but here. We. Are.
I need to get used to writing so don't judge okay?
BTW I have ACT testing so wish me luck!