Dying

Your POV

Win Chao did come home, he apologized for acting so childish. Mi Liu and I were very thankful, we have been helping Win Chao about his problems over the past few days and it seems to be working. He seems to be happy. Today we're supposed to go to the mall, we're going shopping for summer clothes. We went to Rue 21 to shop for me, they had a TON of sales. Mi Liu swore if he didn't go to American Eagle he would die, so we went there. Win Chao didn't really care as long as he had a few pairs of shorts, so we went to American Eagle for him. After that we walked around aimlessly in the mall until my throat hurt, and I knew why. I was hungry. 

"Mi Liu, I'm hungry."

His eyes opened wide. Win Chao overheard and ran out to the truck, us following. I ran faster than Win Chao, I was almost to the truck when my body couldn't handle it. I fell to the ground. I picked myself back up, and found a woman, with nobody else. I reached to her, Mi Liu came out in front of me and handed me a drink. I drank. I realized it was our customized drinks, ones we mixed blood into so that we could ease our hunger. 

"Thank you Mi Liu, I would've killed her."

His eyes looked at me with ease, probably thinking 'Thank God I grabbed that'. Win Chao looked at me with concern, with probably the same thought as Mi Liu. Police cars suddenly filled the parking lot. Running toward the mall area. We ran in as well, to see, a bloodivore. A female, the one I was about to attack, why couldn't I see her collar? 

"There goes another one."

Win Chao looked at the woman, she was clearly dying of hunger. Man I hate that feeling, she must have been like me. Ever since I got this disease, I tried to get on a diet. It never worked out for me in the end. Never. 

"Everyone clear the area!"

The police screamed, trying to get the woman under control. But everyone knew she was going  to die. Everyone was running into stores, and out of the mall. We stayed put. After the police got her in handcuffs, they laid her on one of the cafe area tables and stabbed her to death. After knowing she was dead, they chopped her head off, as a trophy. My skin got goose-bumps just thinking about them killing me. 

"It's okay, let's go."

Mi Liu's arm wrapped around me and pushed me out of the mall. Taking me back to the truck. He buckled me up, still scared that they chopped the one woman's head off, he gave me a kiss on the cheek and shut my door. I looked at Win Chao through the rear view mirror. 

"Win Chao, they won't do that to me, right?"

He paused for a second and looked at me through the mirror. 

"As long as Mi Liu and I are alive, don't even worry about dying."