Hell's Angel

Hi! this is my first story so go easy on me kay? :P

I sighed as I slumped against the cafe's seats, the old leather squeaking underneath me while my hands were kept warm from the winter by a steaming cup of coffee in front off me. I was worn out. After my day shift at the hospital was over, I had promised my neighbour I would help pack up her boxes as she was moving to her new husbands place.

It was a shame really, Mrs Madison was like a second mother too me and never hesitated in telling me what to do if I ever needed help nor did she hesitate to swat at me for being stupid. I would truly miss her, but I met her new husband and trusted him to protect her.

After all that I remembered I was doing some voluntary work at a school to help with the little kids as they left a trail of mess everywhere they went, so I spent a couple of hours cleaning around the classrooms and chatting to the teachers before I finally managed to finish up.

Now it was almost for me to rest and I couldn't wait to hit the sack after a hard day's work, though I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the feeling of warmth and joy that spreads over me knowing I did a good thing today and made someone smile.

I quickly finished up in the cafe, thanking the waitress and leaving a generous tip, knowing she was having a hard time with her girlfriend as she lived above me and I could hear them yelling. Plus we were friends. I quickly fled the scene, eager to get home to my bed where I would find some peace and quiet for the day even though it would hardly last me the next day.

As I slipped the key to my apartment in, I looked over to the apartment next to me and half expected Mrs Madison to be there, back from getting her groceries or going out for a smoke though she only does it when she stressed, so rarely. Only I was disappointed to see loads of boxes from whoever was moving in here but it didn't look like they were around so I walked into my own apartment.

I had to remember to make time to greet them tomorrow, maybe even bring them a little house-warming gift...I slipped off my warm coat, scarf and shoes before padding over to turn up the heat as it was simply freezing in here. I started cooking up my dinner and while that was left to cool down I watched a little TV before I ate dinner

Around midnight I slipped into my room, with baby blue walls and fresh white sheets. I slipped out of my clothes and paused suddenly, stood in front pf the mirror. I ran my hands over my slim body before I reached my back, I relaxed my tense posture and let go of all my worries, feeling my muscles relax before two pure white wings came out.

They looked ethereal in the light of the moon, like a haunted kind of beauty as I gazed upon them half with awe yet half with regret. I suppose I lied when i said it was pure white - it wasn't anymore. Not since that time, in fact if you looked carefully you could see the end tips turning black and it would only be a matter of time before it spread.

I promise it will get more exciting >.<