Chapter 1- How it Began

Author's Note: PLEASE READ (OR NOT)! First of all, this story is subject to change. If I decide to change something huge in the plot I will make sure to let everyone know. While there will be some changes to the plot, this story will largely be following the original storyline of the first Harry Potter book. If I get any wizarding lore incorrect, please kindly correct me in the comments. (But I will also be making things up that weren't possible or existing in the original story.) I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters. But I do own my OC's and my original plot lines.

(Anything that appears like 'this' are Killian's thoughts.)

"Killian, it's time to go now..."

"Mother... I'm scared."

"The potion's been working fine. Nothing will happen to you. Listen, go into the woods and don't come out. No matter what. Just like we planned. Okay, sweetie...?"

The small boy of about 5 years old nodded. His mother and father turned away from him.

"Is the Forbidden Forest really the best place?" His father asked anxiously.

"We don't have a choice. They're already here!" The boys mother hissed, "Killian, we love you so much, ok baby?"

The mother turned to her child and tried not to choke on the sudden sobs that had overcome her. The boy found himself crying as well. The mother and father embraced the boy into a giant hug.

Suddenly, an explosion was heard from behind.

"Killian, go! Now!" His mother yelled.

The boy looked towards the forest.

Before he could go, a dark mass appeared before them. The mass turned into a person— who seemed to be limping. When he talked, his voice was unnaturally raspy.

"We meet again.... my friends..."

The small child's mother and father took out their wands.

"You have no place here, Voldemort! Leave us!" His father shouted.

The voice hissed, "You dare speak my name?"

The man's mouth remained open the whole time he spoke— as if the voice wasn't coming from them at all.

The unnerving figure's eyes were rolled to the back of his head.

"Oh... is this... your child?" The man asked with sudden interest, though it seemed he already knew.

Without warning, the man swiftly took out his wand— "Avada Kedavra."

A green light exploded from the tip of his wand, headed straight towards the boy.

"NOOOOOO!!!" The child's mother screamed as she leapt in front of him. The green light pierced her chest. She fell limp to the ground. His fathers face was contorted in agony.

"Killian, run! Don't come back no matter what happens!" His father screamed urgently.

Suddenly, the child started growing. He got onto his hands and knees as his body rapidly transformed into something entirely non-human.

Paws grew where hands and feet once were, and a tail started to sprout. Soon, the boy was covered in dark grey fur. The transfigured boy now appeared to be a wolf. Well... sort of.

He was a bit larger than a regular wolf and plates like those on the back of a dragon were visible above his spine. And his eyes would oddly change from blue to yellow.