Chapter 1: Aged 15

Chapter 1: Aged 15

Gerard sat at his usual abandoned, unclean table away from the jocks and sports guys, he’s always been alone even when Mikey had his friends over from his school, he was the art freak.

He didn’t really stand out that much apart from the fact he weighed the same as a MacDonald’s mega store, his brown hair didn’t suit his black fiasco as he didn’t have the guts to dye it and he couldn’t play sports like the others he was unfit and he wasn’t clever enough to be a nerd... he was Gerard.

He sat with his sketch pad doodling and ignoring the lunch his mom still packed him at 15, the current theme of his drawings lately were werewolves or unknown creatures that pop into his head at random inconvenient moments.

He was never pushed around but left alone, never really beaten up just used.

A shadow formed over him in the shape of a jock, something he was used to over these past weeks, Gerard looked up to see the bulky player. "Hey Gerard I was err wondering’ if you could draw us a few tattoo designs and shit." The jock spoke in his briskly voice and Gerard looked around him at the other 3 jocks... muscles and tan that’s all they were... muscles, tan, dumb and good looking.... the thing he lacked.

"Sure what’d you want?" Gerard asked looking back at his sketch shaking the feeling of shyness out of him by avoiding eye contact and keeping his head down so he didn’t have to look into those eyes full of pure cockiness and maybe a little flash of interest towards this fat nerdy artist who was actually cool to hold a conversation not about math or science... he was just seen as 'The Tattoo Guy' even though he didn’t have one himself because he was a pansy and afraid of needles.

"That werewolf on all of us." The jock pointed excitedly almost flapping like a 13 year old girl at the doodle Gerard had drawn in his sketch book moments before and mainly black outline with random splashes of red for the crimson blood dripping from the pointed teeth and the fire of evil burning up in the eyes... werewolves had become a favourite with most of the basketball players because of Teen Wolf and somehow they thought it’d be cool to get one drawn by the best artist they knew... Gerard... to later be underage tattooed on permanently.

“Sure umm here take it... I can’t draw it as good again at least not three times anyway so take it and they will copy it for transfer.” Gerard tore the sheet out of his book and flapped it towards the jock that looked at it with confused blue eyes.

“Thanks dude awesome, how much do you want for it?”  The jock asked and looked back at his mates indicating to get out their wallets.

‘These guys would pay for my shit?’ Gerard’s mind asked not really believing the older kids wanted to buy his random doodles. “No it’s fine I don’t charge.” He shot out as they rummaged to give him the money he held his hands out in protest.

“You sure dude?”  The guy in the back asked looking shocked at my decline on the 50 he had in his hand.

“Seriously I don’t want your money.” Gerard looked at them sincerely wishing inside to be left alone again.

“Dude you are seriously awesome man, any trouble you come find us, we owe you.” The leader gave Gerard what was meant to be friendly punch on the arm but due to Gerard’s weakness it felt like he had just been shot in the arm. He just smiled hiding the pain of the bruise pulsing and the jocks nodded a goodbye and a thank you off to probably beat some kid up after having to be nice, to a kid that didn’t fit in, for once.

Gerard rubbed his arm and winced ‘Fuck you’re such a wuss Gerard just suck it up’ he snapped to himself. He looked down at his sketch book again and let his mind whirl with vampires, demons, zombies, blood, guts, horror, bats and comic books all to be recreated and transferred into pure art and amazing stories.

It wasn’t long after that for Gerard to become invisible again and the world of high school around him turned into a TV program once again just to watch and wait to see what happens next.